Church Creek is located in Arlington Heights, Illinois, a city with 79,890 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the best nursing homes we assessed. A score of this caliber requires top-notch marks across the board. We can not find many negative things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are impeccable. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care score, which we will address in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jul 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Church Creek has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arlington Heights, Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arlington Heights, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned an A+ in short-term care. Our short-term care grades are probably more critical for residents requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 7.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Our inspection grades are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's government inspections. Nursing homes that score well in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Church Creek?
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its remarkable assessment, this nursing home also received an excellent long-term care score, with a grade of A-. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 78.57143 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is a few points less than we expected but still a decent figure. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In our final area, this facility also was given an impressive nursing score, with a grade of B+. This completed a very favorable report card. Nursing ratings are largely based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning residents more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Church Creek Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Church Creek, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Church Creek, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Church Creek, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients that sustained urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Church Creek, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Church Creek, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Church Creek, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Church Creek, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Church Creek, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Church Creek, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Church Creek, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Arlington Heights, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Arlington Heights, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 0.19 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.46 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 8.98 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.74 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.52 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows1.48 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis1.58 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188
- Fmc - Mount Prospect2.12 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr4.63 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824
- Fmc - Hoffman Estates5.01 miles away3150 W Higgins Rd Suite 190 Schaumburg Illinois 60195CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 310-0074
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis5.02 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center5.22 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove5.27 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711