Dr. Hector P. Garcia Memorial Family Health Center is a facility in Corpus Christi, Texas which has 306,433 people. With an overall rating of A, this is undoubtedly a first-rate facility. As a matter of fact, we ranked this facility as the third best facility in Corpus Christi. This facility also received impressive grades in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Dr. Hector P. Garcia Memorial Family Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Dr. Hector P. Garcia Memorial Family Health Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to point out the fact that this nursing home was given a top-shelf score of A in our short-term care area. Short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Dr. Hector P. Garcia Memorial Family Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was strong in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Not many nursing homes performed better in this category. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are well cared for. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. We were not able to locate information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning to our fourth category, this nursing home was given an extremely favorable nursing rating. We gave it a B+ in this category, wrapping up one of our more favorable report cards. Our nursing category weighs a handful of data points, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a resident at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dr. Hector P. Garcia Memorial Family Health Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dr. Hector P. Garcia Memorial Family Health Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Corpus Christi, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Corpus Christi, Texas has 12 other nursing homes
- Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus ChristiAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away600 Elizabeth Street Corpus Christi Texas 78404Voluntary non-profit - Private(361) 902-4103
- South Texas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away6130 Parkway Drive Corpus Christi Texas 78414Proprietary(361) 993-2000
- Care Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.38 miles away1711 W Wheeler Avenue Aransas Pass Texas 78336Proprietary(361) 758-8585
- Davita Morgan Avenue0.19 miles away2222 Morgan Ave #104 Corpus Christi Texas 78405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (361) 884-1113
- Bay Area Dialysis Corpus Christi1 miles away1647 South Alameda Corpus Christi Texas 78404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (361) 888-7547
- Corpus Christi Dialysis1.47 miles away2733 Swantner Dr Corpus Christi Texas 78404CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (361) 855-4911
- Driscoll Children's Hospital Dialysis Unit2.81 miles away3533 Alameda 2nd Floor Sloan Bldg Corpus Christi Texas 78411Dialysis Stations: 5 (361) 694-6800
- Greenwood Holly Renal Center3.71 miles away1533 Holly Road Corpus Christi Texas 78417CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (361) 850-7300
- Davita Coastal Dialysis4.14 miles away4300 2-2 S Padre Island Dr Corpus Christi Texas 78411CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (361) 855-9449
- Bay Area Dialysis Southside4.26 miles away4112 S Staples Ste Ab Corpus Christi Texas 78411CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (361) 814-0168
- Davita Southside Dialysis6.73 miles away6018 Parkway Dr Corpus Christi Texas 78414Dialysis Stations: 20 (361) 994-5262