Christopher House Rehab & Care Community is located in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, a city with 23,969 people. Sporting an overall grade of B, this facility is a quality option. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Wheat Ridge. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Christopher House Rehab & Care Community
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Wheat Ridge senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall score, we awarded this place an A for our inspections rating. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given an impressive short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our higher scores in that category with a score of B. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is generally a meaningful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Christopher House Rehab & Care Community?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care. We gave it a grade of C in that category. This is a fair grade in this category. Long-term care scores are crucial for prospective residents requiring personal care. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 79.44664 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Christopher House Rehab & Care Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Christopher House Rehab & Care Community, 12.68% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Christopher House Rehab & Care Community, 0.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who sustained a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Christopher House Rehab & Care Community, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who have had urinary tract infections. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Christopher House Rehab & Care Community, 17.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Christopher House Rehab & Care Community, 6.01% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Christopher House Rehab & Care Community, 8.16% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Christopher House Rehab & Care Community, 74.45% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Christopher House Rehab & Care Community, 12.12% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Christopher House Rehab & Care Community, 10.09% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Christopher House Rehab & Care Community, 10.09% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Christopher House Rehab & Care Community, 14.78% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Christopher House Rehab & Care Community, 90.02% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.5 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)0.41 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)1.7 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Mile High Pd (Dva)1.7 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)1.72 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)4.07 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)4.81 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- Denver Dialysis (Dva)4.99 miles away2900 Downing St Ste C Denver Colorado 80205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 292-0303
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)5 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199