Christian Health Care Center is a very-large non-profit nursing home located in Wyckoff, New Jersey. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. You really can't do much better than this place. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Christian Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Wyckoff senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a strong overall score, we awarded this facility an A for inspections. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its fine profile, this nursing home also was given a dominant short-term care grade, with a grade of A. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Christian Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for its long-term care grade. This is a very strong grade. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.83871 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to avoid negative health outcomes for the senior population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The next category we analyzed is this facility's worst category. However, even its weakest link would be a highlight for many facilities. We awarded it a strong grade of B for nursing. The nursing rating is based on a handful of factors, however, the most important consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also factored a few quality-based metrics into our nursing grades. This nursing home was relatively weak in two of the major areas we focus on, with below average scores for minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. These areas are generally reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Christian Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Christian Health Care Center, 10.34% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Christian Health Care Center, 4.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Christian Health Care Center, 1.09% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that sustained a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Christian Health Care Center, 21.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Christian Health Care Center, 22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Christian Health Care Center, 2.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Christian Health Care Center, 98.58% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Christian Health Care Center, 13.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Christian Health Care Center, 8.48% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
In Christian Health Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Christian Health Care Center, 8.48% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Christian Health Care Center, 6.93% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Christian Health Care Center, 92.33% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis2.31 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis3.5 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita Radburn Dialysis3.64 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Davita East Paterson4.85 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079
- Ara Great Falls Dialysis, LLC5.36 miles away498 East 30th Street Paterson New Jersey 07504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 569-0500
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis5.53 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis5.76 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus6.2 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429