Christian Health Care Center is a very-large non-profit nursing home located in Wyckoff, New Jersey. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. You really can't do much better than this place. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Christian Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
301 Sicomac Ave,
Wyckoff NJ 07481
84.29% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate profile, this facility also was awarded a strong short-term care score, with a grade of A. In computing our short-term care ratings, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is more often than not a solid measure of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Christian Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of B+. It outpaced most facilities in this area. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 98.24781 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The next area we analyzed is nursing. This facility received a favorable nursing score this year, with a B. Even though this wasn't quite as dominant as a few of its other scores, this remains one of the more impressive scores for that area. The nursing category includes a handful of subcategories, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Christian Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Christian Health Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Christian Health Care Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Christian Health Care Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who have suffered from UTI's. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Christian Health Care Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients which were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Christian Health Care Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Christian Health Care Center, 5.95% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Christian Health Care Center, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Christian Health Care Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Christian Health Care Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Christian Health Care Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Christian Health Care Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Christian Health Care Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Christian Health Care Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.3 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis2.31 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis3.5 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita Radburn Dialysis3.64 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Davita East Paterson4.85 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079
- Ara Great Falls Dialysis, LLC5.36 miles away498 East 30th Street Paterson New Jersey 07504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 569-0500
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis5.53 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis5.76 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus6.2 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429