With an address in Union City, Georgia, Christian City Rehabilitation Center is the lone option we were able to find in this city. It looks like this is a fine facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a quality rating. This nursing home truly has plenty of good features. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Christian City Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Union City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this place really excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given a favorable short-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that category with a grade of B+. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more meaningful for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Christian City Rehabilitation Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. Our nursing score analyzes the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category is long-term care, which is the last area we scored. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this area. In spite of some strong scores in other categories, this score is nevertheless a bit alarming so we wanted to make sure you are aware. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. Once we assessed the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated just 80.9009 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Christian City Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 14.39% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 3.24% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely caused by poor nursing care. More supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 4.81% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 89.09% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 16.12% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 16.12% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 7% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 81.55% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Piedmont Fayette HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away1255 Highway 54 West Fayetteville Georgia 30214Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 719-7000
- Southern Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.91 miles away11 Upper Riverdale Road, Sw Riverdale Georgia 30274Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 991-8160
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.01 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.93 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 16.98 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Wellstar Douglas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.29 miles away8954 Hospital Drive Douglasville Georgia 30134Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 949-1500
- Piedmont Henry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.47 miles away1133 Eagle's Landing Parkway Stockbridge Georgia 30281Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 604-1000
- Piedmont Newnan Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 19.12 miles away745 Poplar Road Newnan Georgia 30265Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 400-2300
- Union City Dialysis1.47 miles away6851 Shannon Parkway Suite 200 Union City Georgia 30291CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 774-9033
- Total Renal Care, Inc.4.44 miles away5615 Old National Hwy Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 17 (404) 762-9243
- Fresenius Medical Care College Park5.65 miles away2545 Sullivan Road Atlanta Georgia 30337Dialysis Stations: 18 (404) 591-2022
- Bma of Atlanta Inc6.05 miles away1720 Phoenix Parkway Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 18 (770) 996-5889
- Fresenius Medical Care Clayton County6.55 miles away181 Upper Riverdale Rd Riverdale Georgia 30274Dialysis Stations: 31 (770) 996-9660
- Davita Southern Crescent Dialysis Center6.55 miles away275 Upper Riverdale Rd Sw Ste B Riverdale Georgia 30274CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 907-7022
- Fayetteville Dialysis7.17 miles away1279 Hwy 54 West #110 Fayetteville Georgia 30214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (678) 817-9974
- Dci Fayetteville7.41 miles away155 Brandywine Boulevard Fayetteville Georgia 30214Dialysis Stations: 23 (770) 716-6940