With an address in Union City, Georgia, Christian City Rehabilitation Center is the lone option we were able to find in this city. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. This nursing home has some things going for it. The best part of this nursing home's profile is its stellar inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Christian City Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its decent overall score, we awarded this facility an A+ for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall score. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's better category grades came in the category of long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 95.21073 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Christian City Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility only earned a D for its short-term care score, which is well below average in this category. In our short-term care assessment, we endeavor to craft a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Not surprisingly, we learned that this place provides significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical facility. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.5 percent of its patients returning home.
The next category we assessed is nursing, which turned out to be this facility's weakest category. It received an F for this area, which is obviously a major disappointment. The nursing score analyzes quite a few subcategories, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Christian City Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 10.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 3.23% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 18.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 5.43% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 93.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 17.3% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 23.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 23.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 11.54 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Christian City Rehabilitation Center, 69.88% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
- Piedmont Fayette HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away1255 Highway 54 West Fayetteville Georgia 30214Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 719-7000
- Southern Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.91 miles away11 Upper Riverdale Road, Sw Riverdale Georgia 30274Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 991-8160
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.01 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.93 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 16.98 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Wellstar Douglas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.29 miles away8954 Hospital Drive Douglasville Georgia 30134Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 949-1500
- Piedmont Henry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.47 miles away1133 Eagle's Landing Parkway Stockbridge Georgia 30281Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 604-1000
- Piedmont Newnan Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 19.12 miles away745 Poplar Road Newnan Georgia 30265Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 400-2300
- Union City Dialysis1.47 miles away6851 Shannon Parkway Suite 200 Union City Georgia 30291CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 774-9033
- Total Renal Care, Inc.4.44 miles away5615 Old National Hwy Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 17 (404) 762-9243
- Fresenius Medical Care College Park5.65 miles away2545 Sullivan Road Atlanta Georgia 30337Dialysis Stations: 18 (404) 591-2022
- Bma of Atlanta Inc6.05 miles away1720 Phoenix Parkway Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 18 (770) 996-5889
- Fresenius Medical Care Clayton County6.55 miles away181 Upper Riverdale Rd Riverdale Georgia 30274Dialysis Stations: 31 (770) 996-9660
- Davita Southern Crescent Dialysis Center6.55 miles away275 Upper Riverdale Rd Sw Ste B Riverdale Georgia 30274CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 907-7022
- Fayetteville Dialysis7.17 miles away1279 Hwy 54 West #110 Fayetteville Georgia 30214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (678) 817-9974
- Dci Fayetteville7.41 miles away155 Brandywine Boulevard Fayetteville Georgia 30214Dialysis Stations: 23 (770) 716-6940