Christian Care Nursing Center is in Phoenix, Arizona. This city is among the largest metropolitan areas in the nation with has 1,312,922 people. This is a quality facility with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Phoenix. Even in a city featuring 23 nursing homes, this nursing home turns out to be a respectable option. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Christian Care Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a strong overall grade, this facility fared well in short-term care. We awarded it an A- for that category. With our short-term care assessment, we endeavor to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last item we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on its government inspections. We gave it an A- for that area. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident health or safety. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Christian Care Nursing Center?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. The nursing score includes a variety of factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spend with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last area is long-term care, where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C in that category. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we assess the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. One of the data points we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.12281 percent of its patients. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Christian Care Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 2.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 11.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 16.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 2.87% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 81.19% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 12.86% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 23.01% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 23.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 10.95 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 73.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 22 other nursing homes
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.92 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 9.18 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- North Phoenix Dialysis (Fmc)1.8 miles away1957 W Dunlap Ave Ste 6c Phoenix Arizona 85021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (602) 943-1763
- Fmc North Mountain3.21 miles away16605 North 28th Avenue Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85053Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 863-7954
- Fmc-Glendale Town Center3.25 miles away4407 West Peoria Ave Glendale Arizona 85302Dialysis Stations: 25 (623) 934-9091
- Brookwood Dialysis Clinic (Dva)3.51 miles away8910 N 43rd Ave Ste 107 Glendale Arizona 85302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 937-2735
- Thunderbird Dialysis (Fmc)4.91 miles away5750 W Thunderbird Rd Bldg G #750 Glendale Arizona 85306CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 439-9502
- Deer Valley Dialysis (Fmc)5.01 miles away21241 N 23rd Ave Ste 11 Phoenix Arizona 85027Dialysis Stations: 19 (623) 869-6089
- Arrowhead Dialysis (Fmc)5.18 miles away16844 N 59th Ave Glendale Arizona 85306Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 439-8200
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)5.55 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919