Christian Care Nursing Center is in Phoenix, Arizona. This city is among the largest metropolitan areas in the nation with has 1,312,922 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of A- which is a very impressive overall grade. Consequently, it is one of the highest graded nursing homes in Phoenix, which offers plenty of very solid facilities. Despite Phoenix featuring 11 nursing homes to choose from, this facility stands out as a fine option. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Christian Care Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Phoenix senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall score, we gave this facility an A for short-term care. Short-term care scores are meaningful for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. The nursing grade assesses quite a few subcategories, however, the main one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving residents at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Christian Care Nursing Center?
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed is long-term care, in which this facility received a B. Although this ended up being its lowest category rating, this is nevertheless a quality rating. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Christian Care Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 8.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 1.4% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who experienced a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 11.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 17.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 3.74% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 74.57% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 12.93% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 15.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 15.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Christian Care Nursing Center, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 10 other nursing homes
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.92 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 9.18 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- North Phoenix Dialysis (Fmc)1.8 miles away1957 W Dunlap Ave Ste 6c Phoenix Arizona 85021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (602) 943-1763
- Fmc North Mountain3.21 miles away16605 North 28th Avenue Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85053Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 863-7954
- Fmc-Glendale Town Center3.25 miles away4407 West Peoria Ave Glendale Arizona 85302Dialysis Stations: 25 (623) 934-9091
- Brookwood Dialysis Clinic (Dva)3.51 miles away8910 N 43rd Ave Ste 107 Glendale Arizona 85302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 937-2735
- Thunderbird Dialysis (Fmc)4.91 miles away5750 W Thunderbird Rd Bldg G #750 Glendale Arizona 85306CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 439-9502
- Deer Valley Dialysis (Fmc)5.01 miles away21241 N 23rd Ave Ste 11 Phoenix Arizona 85027Dialysis Stations: 19 (623) 869-6089
- Arrowhead Dialysis (Fmc)5.18 miles away16844 N 59th Ave Glendale Arizona 85306Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 439-8200
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)5.55 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919