Christian Care Center is a large non-profit facility in Mesquite, Texas. This facility was given a phenomenal overall grade of A-, resulting in it being ranked among the highest rated nursing homes in the city. This is impressive since the city has some quality nursing homes. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this place. Its grades are as good as they get. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Christian Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite nursing home overall, this nursing home performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few places performed as well in this category. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a fine short-term care score. This actually ended up being its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Christian Care Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing grade is based on a handful of components, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is long-term care, where this facility received a B-. This is this facility's worst category. This is still not a poor grade. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit alarmed this facility gave the vaccine to a relatively low 90.25641 percent of its residents. Nevertheless, this facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Christian Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Christian Care Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Christian Care Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Christian Care Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Christian Care Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Christian Care Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Christian Care Center, 4.66% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Christian Care Center, 94.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Christian Care Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Christian Care Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Christian Care Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Christian Care Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Christian Care Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Christian Care Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Mesquite, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Mesquite, Texas has 7 other nursing homes
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Lake PointeAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away6800 Scenic Dr Rowlett Texas 75088Proprietary(972) 412-2273
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital RockwallAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away3150 Horizon Road Rockwall Texas 75032Proprietary(469) 698-1000
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Regional Dialysis Center of Mesquite LLC0.79 miles away1650 Republic Parkway Suite 100 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (972) 613-4715
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite1.69 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110
- Davita Dialysis Care of Mesquite2.78 miles away2110 N Galloway Ave Ste 102 Mesquite Texas 75150Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 329-1036
- Garland Dialysis2.97 miles away776 E Centerville Road Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 278-2757
- Town Gate Dialysis Center3.29 miles away1901 Northwest Hwy Suite 210 Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (972) 278-2014
- Usrc Sunnyvale, LLC3.86 miles away220 S Collins Rd Sunnyvale Texas 75182Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 201-2767
- Metro East Dialysis Center4 miles away909 Gross Rd Suite 200 Mesquite Texas 75149CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (972) 288-1060
- Usrc East Dallas, LLC4.29 miles away11255 Graland Rd. Suite 1160 Dallas Texas 75218Dialysis Stations: 5 (214) 273-2649