Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation is a large facility in Mesquite, Texas. This facility was given a phenomenal overall grade of A-, resulting in it being the highest graded facility in the city. We could not find many negative things to say about this facility. Its scores are just impeccable. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Mesquite senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Mesquite, Texas Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Mesquite, Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. The nursing score is based on several factors, however, the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this facility also earned a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 92.26804 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is a bit lower than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care. We gave this facility one of our higher scores in this area, with a B. Although this was not as strong as some of its other grades, it is nevertheless a perfectly acceptable score. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 2.75% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 5.15% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 27.14% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 2.7% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 95.24% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 9.6% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.83% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.83% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 16.48% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Christian Care Nursing & Rehabilitation, 45.91% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Lake PointeAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away6800 Scenic Dr Rowlett Texas 75088Proprietary(972) 412-2273
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital RockwallAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away3150 Horizon Road Rockwall Texas 75032Proprietary(469) 698-1000
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Regional Dialysis Center of Mesquite LLC0.79 miles away1650 Republic Parkway Suite 100 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (972) 613-4715
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite1.69 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110
- Davita Dialysis Care of Mesquite2.78 miles away2110 N Galloway Ave Ste 102 Mesquite Texas 75150Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 329-1036
- Garland Dialysis2.97 miles away776 E Centerville Road Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 278-2757
- Town Gate Dialysis Center3.29 miles away1901 Northwest Hwy Suite 210 Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (972) 278-2014
- Usrc Sunnyvale, LLC3.86 miles away220 S Collins Rd Sunnyvale Texas 75182Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 201-2767
- Metro East Dialysis Center4 miles away909 Gross Rd Suite 200 Mesquite Texas 75149CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (972) 288-1060
- Usrc East Dallas, LLC4.29 miles away11255 Graland Rd. Suite 1160 Dallas Texas 75218Dialysis Stations: 5 (214) 273-2649