Chino Valley Health Care Cente is an average-sized nursing home located in Pomona, California. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires respectable scores in most areas. This nursing home truly has plenty of good features. We were also pleased to find that this place didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Chino Valley Health Care Cente
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
2351 S Towne Avenue,
Pomona CA 91766
95.29% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall performance, we gave this nursing home an A- for our inspections rating. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an B+. We assessed the levels of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses were with patients, in computing our grade in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Chino Valley Health Care Cente?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received a favorable short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our higher scores in that category with a grade of B. In crafting these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. We gave this facility a B- in that category. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chino Valley Health Care Cente Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 5.83% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 95.65% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chino Valley Health Care Cente, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.12 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.48 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.19 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.84 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.06 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.29 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Davita-Pomona Valley Dialysis0.32 miles away2703 S Towne Avenue Pomona California 91766CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 590-4930
- Davita-Chino Dialysis2 miles away4445 Riverside Drive Chino California 91710CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 464-0347
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis4.04 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership4.27 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.4.41 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center4.7 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.5.32 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.5.61 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320