Childrens Comprehensive Care Center is a small non-profit facility located in Pompano Beach, Florida. With an overall score of B+, this looks like a high quality facility. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities nationally. If you look further down this page, you can see this place's category scores, which are also quite good.
Childrens Comprehensive Care Center
- Nursing Home
- For Children
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall score, this facility earned even higher marks in nursing. In fact, we gave it one of our highest grades in that category with an A. We assessed the skill-level of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses spent with patients, in calculating our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving a patient at least once a day.
This nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on its government inspections. We awarded it an B+ for that area, which is one of our top scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Childrens Comprehensive Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was short-term care. This nursing home was given a very positive short-term care grade, with a B+ in the category. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, we were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last item we assessed in this area is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home an above average grade of B. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 79.84496 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be slightly lower than we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Childrens Comprehensive Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who sustained a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 2.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Pompano Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Pompano Beach, Florida has 6 other nursing homes
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.18 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.23 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.62 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- United Dialysis Center, Inc.0.35 miles away1311 E Atlantic Blvd Pompano Beach Florida 33060Dialysis Stations: 19 (754) 307-1536
- Pompano Beach Artificial Kidney Center1.17 miles away600 Sw 3rd St #1100 Pompano Beach Florida 33060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (954) 942-5115
- R & S Health Group LLC1.65 miles away6264 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 776-3791
- First Class Kidney Care Dialysis Center, LLC2.86 miles away3170 North Federal Highway Suite 107 Pompano Beach Florida 33064Dialysis Stations: 4 (754) 307-9256
- Universal Kidney Center Inc3 miles away4875 Ne 20th Terrace Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Dialysis Stations: 15 (954) 958-9300
- Advanced Dialysis Center of Ft Lauderdale4.78 miles away911 E Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 318-7000
- Broward Dialysis5.81 miles away1500 N Federal Hwy #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33304Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 396-8990
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis5.88 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350