Childrens Comprehensive Care Center is a small non-profit facility located in Pompano Beach, Florida. With an overall score of B, this is a very respectable nursing home. In our view, this place looks like a solid choice for quite a few people. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its nursing score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Childrens Comprehensive Care Center
- Nursing Home
- For Children
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Pompano Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in nursing, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Our nursing grade looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this nursing home also earned a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this area. With our short-term care grade, we try to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last item we looked at in this category is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Childrens Comprehensive Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a strong long-term care grade. Indeed, we gave it an above average grade of B in this area. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 90.517235 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is slightly below what we expected but still a respectable figure. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning to our inspection category, it appears this nursing home has earned quality government inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a score of B- in this category. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Childrens Comprehensive Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 2.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 95.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Childrens Comprehensive Care Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.18 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.23 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.62 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- United Dialysis Center, Inc.0.35 miles away1311 E Atlantic Blvd Pompano Beach Florida 33060Dialysis Stations: 19 (754) 307-1536
- Pompano Beach Artificial Kidney Center1.17 miles away600 Sw 3rd St #1100 Pompano Beach Florida 33060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (954) 942-5115
- R & S Health Group LLC1.65 miles away6264 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 776-3791
- First Class Kidney Care Dialysis Center, LLC2.86 miles away3170 North Federal Highway Suite 107 Pompano Beach Florida 33064Dialysis Stations: 4 (754) 307-9256
- Universal Kidney Center Inc3 miles away4875 Ne 20th Terrace Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Dialysis Stations: 15 (954) 958-9300
- Advanced Dialysis Center of Ft Lauderdale4.78 miles away911 E Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 318-7000
- Broward Dialysis5.81 miles away1500 N Federal Hwy #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33304Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 396-8990
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis5.88 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350