Located in Passaic, New Jersey, Complete Care at Chestnut Hill is one of a mere two facilities in the city. This facility is one of the top facilities we assessed. A grade in this range requires superb marks across the board. We ranked this facility in the 100 best nursing homes in New Jersey, which is a distinguished list. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are equally impressive. You just can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Complete Care at Chestnut Hill
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
360 Chestnut Street,
Passaic NJ 07055
71.08% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Passaic, New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Passaic, New Jersey Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility received an excellent short-term care grade. We gave it a grade of A in that category. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services. To have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This facility has earned near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care at Chestnut Hill?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third area, this facility was given an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A- in this category. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 96.62447 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final category we looked at was nursing, where this facility received a grade of A-. This wrapped up an elite profile. Only a select few nursing homes received an A- or higher in all four categories. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care at Chestnut Hill Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 5.95% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 91.97% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care at Chestnut Hill, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.45 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 5.14 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Physicians Dialysis Passaic0.4 miles away10 Clifton Blvd Clifton New Jersey 07011CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (973) 594-9100
- Ara Clifton Dialysis Center0.77 miles away251 Clifton Avenue Unit A Clifton New Jersey 07011Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 546-3750
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis3.02 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570
- Ara Great Falls Dialysis, LLC3.18 miles away498 East 30th Street Paterson New Jersey 07504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 569-0500
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis3.2 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- Davita East Paterson3.72 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079
- Davita Lyndhurst Dialysis3.75 miles away554-a New York Avenue Lyndhurst New Jersey 07071Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 933-4782
- Davita Hackensack3.87 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875