Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation is one of five facilities in Sterling Heights, Michigan. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the best grades we offer. We flat out can not say enough favorable things about this facility. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category scores, which are also impressive. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
34643 Ketsin Drive,
Sterling Heights MI 48310
50.73% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Best Nursing Home in Sterling Heights, Michigan Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Sterling Heights, Michigan Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Sterling Heights, Michigan Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a great overall score, this facility received an A+ for short-term care. In crafting our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of A. Our nursing rating assesses a handful of components, however, the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Tallying yet another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Inspection grades are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is long-term care. This facility received a very good nursing grade this year, with a grade of B. Even though this was not as good as many of its other grades, this remains one of the better scores for that category. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 97.039474 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents who have experienced UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 3.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 91.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pomeroy Living Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Sterling Heights, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Sterling Heights, Michigan has 4 other nursing homes
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 10.77 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Davita Troy Dialysis0.25 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920
- Greenfield Hs - Troy3.22 miles away2050 Livernois, Suite A Troy Michigan 48083Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 524-1270
- Fms Beaumonth Health, LLC4.34 miles away44300 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48314Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 964-0100
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren4.43 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights4.52 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- Davita - Starrwood Dialysis5.56 miles away3425 Starr Rd Ste B Royal Oak Michigan 48073Dialysis Stations: 17 (248) 549-0208
- Southeast Michigan Kidney Center5.57 miles away1695 W 12 Mile Rd, Suite 250 Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 2 (248) 414-5200
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita5.73 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160