Cherry Hill Manor is a large nursing home in Johnston, Rhode Island. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is among the top ratings we offer. A grade of this caliber requires superb scores across the board. Based on our ratings, you can't go wrong with this facility. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cherry Hill Manor
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Johnston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
With an overall grade this high, it should come as no surprise that this nursing home performed well in inspections, where it earned an A. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many elite grades, this nursing home was given first-rate short-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a score of A in this area. Our short-term care scores are vital for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cherry Hill Manor?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. There are a variety of subcategories within this category. Many of these criteria relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a B-. Although this proved to be its lowest category score, this is still not the end of the world. In calculating our long-term care scores, we size up the personal care offered to the nursing home's patients. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 97.94661 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cherry Hill Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cherry Hill Manor, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cherry Hill Manor, 4.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cherry Hill Manor, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cherry Hill Manor, 19.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cherry Hill Manor, 15.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cherry Hill Manor, 2.02% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cherry Hill Manor, 93.99% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cherry Hill Manor, 16.08% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cherry Hill Manor, 17.13% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Cherry Hill Manor, 1.33 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cherry Hill Manor, 17.13 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cherry Hill Manor, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cherry Hill Manor, 77.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.81 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.42 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 6.62 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Dialysis Center of Johnston1.22 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Davita North Providence Renal Center2.54 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Nna of Providence3.58 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Providence3.71 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Nna - Pawtucket5.76 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital5.92 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital6.41 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket6.56 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313