Cherry Hill Manor is a large nursing home in Johnston, Rhode Island. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A grade of this caliber requires favorable scores in most areas. This nursing home definitely has plenty of good features. Fortunately, this facility didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Cherry Hill Manor
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Few nursing homes performed this well in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this facility's other accomplishments is its superb short-term care score. It received one of our most favorable grades in that area, with a grade of A-. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cherry Hill Manor?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Nursing ratings are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care. This facility was given a favorable long-term care score in our assessment, with a B-. While this isn't nearly as good as some of its other category grades, this is nevertheless a respectable grade for this area. For residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 93.47319 percent of its patients. This is slightly less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable figure. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cherry Hill Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cherry Hill Manor, 7.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cherry Hill Manor, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cherry Hill Manor, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that experienced a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cherry Hill Manor, 17.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients which are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cherry Hill Manor, 15.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cherry Hill Manor, 2.96% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cherry Hill Manor, 94.59% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cherry Hill Manor, 17.47% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cherry Hill Manor, 23.44% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility. Some would argue that mobility is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Cherry Hill Manor, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cherry Hill Manor, 23.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cherry Hill Manor, 11.31 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cherry Hill Manor, 77.51% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.81 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.42 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 6.62 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.81 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Dialysis Center of Johnston1.22 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Davita North Providence Renal Center2.54 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Nna of Providence3.58 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Providence3.71 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Nna - Pawtucket5.76 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital5.92 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital6.41 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket6.56 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313