Cherry Creek Nursing Center is one of seven nursing homes in Aurora, Colorado. This nursing home is a well below average facility. A score of this caliber suggests we found a few red flags. Based on our assessment, this nursing home likely isn't the best fit for most people. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss nursing in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cherry Creek Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Aurora senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Even though this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually really excelled in the area of nursing. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Nursing scores are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second most favorable area was long-term care. We gave it a C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road score in this category. Long-term care scores are important for prospective residents requiring personal care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 96.53543 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cherry Creek Nursing Center?
This facility received a lowly F for its inspection score. This is an important category. Grades in this range often mean we found some red flags on the nursing home's government inspections. We would advise paying special attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection grade. We suggest you scrutinize the level of severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility had a deficiency by CMS. Fortunately, it wasn't in a category that suggests that it posed a threat to resident safety or health. Lastly, we also want to draw your attention to the fact that this place received large government fines recently of more than $100,000. This often signifies that a facility's poor performance spanned several years.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is short-term care. It received a lowly F in this area, which is a poor grade. In determining our short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. With its grade in this area, we were not stunned to learn that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cherry Creek Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 4.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 2.05% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents which have experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term patients who had a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 11.78% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 10.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 0.35% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 97.37% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 11.8% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 11.33% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 11.33% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 26.19% of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cherry Creek Nursing Center, 69.53% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Aurora, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Aurora, Colorado has 6 other nursing homes
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 2.6 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 6.18 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.5 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)2.74 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)2.75 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- East Aurora Dialysis (Dva)3.79 miles away482 S Chambers Rd Aurora Colorado 80017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (303) 696-1137
- Sable Dialysis (Dva)5 miles away509 N Sable Blvd Aurora Colorado 80011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 366-9458
- Northeast Denver Dialysis (Fkc)5.21 miles away590 Laredo St Aurora Colorado 80017Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 344-8704
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)5.24 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- Aurora Dialysis (Fmc)5.5 miles away962 Potomac Cir Aurora Colorado 80011Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 340-1398
- The Childrens Hospital Kidney Ctr.6.25 miles away13123 E 16th Ave #328 Aurora Colorado 80045Dialysis Stations: 9 (720) 777-6263