Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Macon, Georgia. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is one of our more impressive scores. Indeed, this turned out to be one of the three highest graded nursing homes in the city. If you look below, you can see this place's category scores, which are also strong.
Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall grade, this facility also received an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can pay to a facility. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
On the list of its many impressive scores, this nursing home was awarded an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, it received a score of A- in this category. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 95.02487 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing score looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of the nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth category, this facility was awarded a very strong short-term care rating. We awarded it a grade of B+ in that area, completing one of our better report cards. Short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation, 5.28% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation, 93.36% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cherry Blossom Health and Rehabilitation, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Macon, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Macon, Georgia has 11 other nursing homes
- Medical Center, Navicent Health (The)Acute Care Hospitals 4.36 miles away777 Hemlock Street Macon Georgia 31201Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 633-1000
- Coliseum Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away400 Charter Boulevard Macon Georgia 31210Proprietary(478) 757-8200
- Coliseum Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away350 Hospital Drive Macon Georgia 31217Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 765-7000
- Houston Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.73 miles away1601 Watson Boulevard Warner Robins Georgia 31093Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 922-4281
- Medical Center of Peach County, Navicent HealthCritical Access Hospitals 13.62 miles away1960 Highway 247 Connector Byron Georgia 31008Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 654-2000
- Macon Southside Dialysis Center, LLC1.55 miles away2101-2121 Eisenhower Parkway Suite 2117 Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 744-9551
- Eisenhower Parkway Dialysis3.18 miles away2525 Second Street Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 738-0420
- Dialysis Center of Macon, LLC4.35 miles away890 Second Street 1st Floor Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 743-0584
- Georgia Kidney Institute, LLC4.37 miles away1625 Hardeman Avenue Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 11 (478) 257-5200
- Dsi Macon Hemlock Dialysis4.44 miles away657 Hemlock St Ste 100 Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 22 (478) 742-8001
- Davita Dialysis of Middle Georgia Inc.4.48 miles away747 Second Street Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (478) 742-4211
- Dsi Macon Pine Street Dialysis4.52 miles away745 Pine Street Macon Georgia 31210Dialysis Stations: 18 (478) 742-5138
- Kidney Dialysis Center LLC4.7 miles away640 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 742-5850