Cherrelyn Healthcare Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Littleton, Colorado which has a total of 302,400 people. This nursing home was given an overall grade of F. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Littleton. The city has just three other nursing homes. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was nursing, which is discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cherrelyn Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Cherrelyn Healthcare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Littleton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our nursing rating. We weighed the levels of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses were with residents, in calculating our score in this category. This place averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily, which is not an impressive total. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
Remarkably, we gave this facility a grade of B- for its short-term care grade, which isn't a bad grade. In calculating our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely impact the quality of care. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cherrelyn Healthcare Center?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection grades where it received an F. This generally means we found some red flags on the inspection reports. For facilities that received this bad of an inspection score, we would scrutinize any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This nursing home had 2 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was long-term care. This facility received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that area. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. We were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated just 89.25781 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cherrelyn Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 8.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 0.2% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 19.57% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 15.01% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 2.95% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 92.92% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 13.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 17.99% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 17.99% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 17.16% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 68.11% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Littleton, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Littleton, Colorado has 3 other nursing homes
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)2.49 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)2.89 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)3.39 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)3.83 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Southwest Denver Dialysis (Dva)5.32 miles away8601 W Cross Dr Suite c2 Littleton Colorado 80123Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 933-2367
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)6.62 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)7.18 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)7.32 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199