Cherrelyn Healthcare Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Littleton, Colorado which has a total of 302,400 people. This is a subpar nursing home, with an overall grade of D. If you are not happy with this facility's subpar overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are seven other nursing homes in Littleton. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive nursing score. You can continue reading to learn more about nursing and other category scores
Cherrelyn Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Even though we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to emphasize its high marks in nursing. We gave them an A- in this category. The nursing score includes quite a few components, however, the most important one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a respectable score in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of C. Short-term care grades are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. The final statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cherrelyn Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this nursing home only received a grade of D for its long-term care rating, which is not a very good score. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 95.566505 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
In our last category of inspections, this nursing home received an F in this area. Since this data is compiled by government inspectors, we heavily weight poor results in this area. For facilities with poor inspection scores, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a threat to patient safety or health. Lastly, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was assessed large government fines in recent years amounting to more than $100,000. This often signifies that a facility's bad track record has been an issue for more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cherrelyn Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term residents that had a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents who had a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric could be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 3.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 85.7% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 20.53% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 1.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 20.53 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Littleton, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Littleton, Colorado has 7 other nursing homes
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)2.49 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)2.89 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)3.39 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)3.83 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Southwest Denver Dialysis (Dva)5.32 miles away8601 W Cross Dr Suite c2 Littleton Colorado 80123Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 933-2367
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)6.62 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)7.18 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)7.32 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199