Cherrelyn Healthcare Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Littleton, Colorado which has a total of 302,400 people. This nursing home was given an overall grade of F. If you are not happy with this facility's subpar overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are seven other nursing homes in Littleton. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was nursing, which is discussed in the next section.
Cherrelyn Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
5555 South Elati Street,
Littleton CO 80120
85.68% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Cherrelyn Healthcare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our nursing rating. We weighed the levels of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses were with residents, in calculating our score in this category. This place averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily, which is not an impressive total. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
Remarkably, we gave this facility a grade of B- for its short-term care grade, which isn't a bad grade. In calculating our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely impact the quality of care. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cherrelyn Healthcare Center?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection grades where it received an F. This generally means we found some red flags on the inspection reports. For facilities that received this bad of an inspection score, we would scrutinize any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This nursing home had 2 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was long-term care. This facility received a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that area. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we assessed the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 95.180725 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cherrelyn Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which suffer from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term care patients who had a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 3.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 84.99% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 1.08 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cherrelyn Healthcare Center, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Littleton, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Littleton, Colorado has 7 other nursing homes
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)2.49 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)2.89 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)3.39 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)3.83 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Southwest Denver Dialysis (Dva)5.32 miles away8601 W Cross Dr Suite c2 Littleton Colorado 80123Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 933-2367
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)6.62 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)7.18 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)7.32 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199