Located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, Chatsworth at Pga National is one of just a few nursing homes in this area. This turns out to be an A rated facility. This nursing home received one of the top scores we offer. A grade of this caliber requires superb marks across the board. You simply can't do any better than this nursing home. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Chatsworth at Pga National
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Palm Beach Gardens senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
This first-rate facility also fared very well in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Few facilities fared better in this category. In crafting our short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Chatsworth at Pga National?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. There are numerous criteria within this grade. Many of the factors are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this nursing home was given a high-end long-term care score. Although this isn't as strong as some of its other scores, this is nevertheless one of the stronger scores we offer. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chatsworth at Pga National Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who have experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 2.53% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 95.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 5.69 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.76 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center3.03 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081
- Continental Dialysis Care3.82 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC4.53 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit5.73 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers6.79 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches7.07 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach7.49 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC8.08 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355