Located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, Chatsworth at Pga National is one of five facilities in the city. This proved to be an A rated facility. It received one of the best scores that we offer. A grade in this range requires superb scores across the board. You flat out can't do much better than this facility. The best part of this facility's strong profile is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
Chatsworth at Pga National
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more meaningful for folks needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Turning to inspections, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Chatsworth at Pga National?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. When computing our nursing scores, we assess both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Florida in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving residents more often.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next area, this facility was given a very strong long-term care rating. While this isn't nearly as elite as some of its other scores, this remains one of the more favorable scores we offer. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chatsworth at Pga National Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 94.61% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chatsworth at Pga National, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Palm Beach Gardens, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 5.69 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.76 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.64 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center3.03 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081
- Continental Dialysis Care3.82 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC4.53 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit5.73 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers6.79 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches7.07 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach7.49 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC8.08 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355