Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center is the sole facility we identified in Chatham, New Jersey. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. You could definitely do much worse than this facility. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Chatham senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of short-term care, where it earned an impressive grade of A. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. In calculating our short-term care scores, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is frequently a meaningful measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also performed well in the area of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with an A. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. When computing a facility's nursing score, we consider the number of hours nurses are seeing residents as well as the level of licensure of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this area, which is a bottom of the barrel grade. We wouldn't necessarily dismiss a nursing home due to a single poor score though. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinated 94.27609 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients that have experienced falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 6.37% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 89.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chatham Hills Subacute Care Center, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.19 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.24 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.22 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Fmc East Morris4 miles away55 Madison Avenue Ste 100 Morristown New Jersey 07960Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 993-8495
- Davita Renal Ctr Morristown4 miles away100 Madison Avenue 4th Floor Morristown New Jersey 07960CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (973) 538-8201
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave4.48 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150
- Dva Summit Dialysis Ctr5.87 miles away1139 Spruce Drive Mountainside New Jersey 07092CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (908) 232-7800
- Davita Millburn Dialysis6.5 miles away25 East Willow Street Ste 2 Millburn New Jersey 07041CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 379-7309
- Ara Dialysis Center at West Orange6.74 miles away101 Old Shorts Hills Road Ste 120 Carlstadt New Jersey 07072CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 736-8300
- Fresenius Medical Care Livingston, LLC6.99 miles away348 East Northfield Road Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 535-0667
- Fmc Maplewood Dialysis Center7.67 miles away2130 Milburn Avenue Suite b1 Maplewood New Jersey 07040Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 275-5499