Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center is a large facility in Hinsdale, Illinois. This facility is a lower end facility. A score in this range indicates we found a few red flags. This facility has very little working in its favor. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection grade. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home highly overall, we want to draw your attention to its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an C. Our nursing score focuses on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities third best area is short-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is essentially a middle of the road score in this area. In calculating these short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The tricky part is determining what bearing this had on quality of care. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was long-term care, turned out to be this nursing home's weakest area. We awarded this facility a D in this category. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 94.76584 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 30.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 87.4% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Hinsdale, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Hinsdale, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.47 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Fmc - Willowbrook0.62 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Davita - Woodridge at Home5.36 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center5.4 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Fkc - Woodridge5.46 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Fmc - Westchester6.05 miles away2400 Wolf Road, Suite 101 A Westchester Illinois 60154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (708) 409-7780
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC6.49 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC6.49 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Nx Stage Kidney Care6.61 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340