Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center is a large facility in Hinsdale, Illinois. This facility is a lower end facility. A score in this range indicates we found a few red flags. This facility has very little working in its favor. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection grade. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hinsdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this place favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable government inspections in recent years. We gave it a respectable grade of B in this area, which was much better than its overall score. Our inspection ratings are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we gave this nursing home an B-. The nursing grade assesses quite a few subcategories, however, the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third highest category ended up being its short-term care score, where it received a C. In our short-term care score, we try to craft a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. It offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 3.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is long-term care, where this facility received an abysmal score in this category as well. Unfortunately, we gave it an F in this area, which is definitely a major disappointment. Long-term care scores in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 82.22222 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 13.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 4.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 0.58% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that have suffered from urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 30.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 6.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 13.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many believe this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 88.94% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 26.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 28.41% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 28.41% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 16.75% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chateau Nrsg & Rehab Center, 65.33% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Hinsdale, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Hinsdale, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.47 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Fmc - Willowbrook0.62 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Davita - Woodridge at Home5.36 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fmc - Downers Grove Dialysis Center5.4 miles away3825 Highland Suite 102 Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 964-2605
- Fkc - Woodridge5.46 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Fmc - Westchester6.05 miles away2400 Wolf Road, Suite 101 A Westchester Illinois 60154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (708) 409-7780
- Usrc Advanced Home Therapies, LLC6.49 miles away1201-a Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 4 (630) 968-0649
- Usrc - Oakbrook, LLC6.49 miles away1201 B Butterfield Road Downers Grove Illinois 60515Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 968-0306
- Nx Stage Kidney Care6.61 miles away1600 W 16th St Ste 13 Oak Brook Illinois 60523Dialysis Stations: 8 (630) 475-4340