Chateau Living Center is a facility in Kenner, Louisiana. The city has a total of 68,211 people. With an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Kenner. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection score. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Chateau Living Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Kenner senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Radiation Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this was still a relatively positive report.
Long-term Care Quality
Surprisingly, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C for our long-term care rating, which is not too bad of a score. In the area of long-term care, we look at the quantity of care offered by a facility, as opposed to more sophisticated services. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 93.77845 percent of its residents. This is somewhat less than we expected but still a respectable figure. Nevertheless, this place excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Chateau Living Center?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. Nursing grades are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This place averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This statistic is well below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this nursing home did not fare very well in this category either. With a poor grade of F in short-term care, this is about as terrible as it gets. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This score is frequently a useful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Not surprisingly, we learned that this nursing home provides far less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chateau Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chateau Living Center, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chateau Living Center, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chateau Living Center, 2.69% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic can be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chateau Living Center, 16.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chateau Living Center, 22.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chateau Living Center, 1.51% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chateau Living Center, 85.51% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chateau Living Center, 19.03% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chateau Living Center, 13.75% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Chateau Living Center, 2.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chateau Living Center, 13.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chateau Living Center, 13.45 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chateau Living Center, 67.8% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Ochsner Medical Center-KennerAcute Care Hospitals 0.91 miles away180 West Esplanade Avenue Kenner Louisiana 70065Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 468-4806
- East Jefferson General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away4200 Houma Blvd Metairie Louisiana 70006Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 454-4000
- Ochsner Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.91 miles away1516 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans Louisiana 70121Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 842-3000
- St Charles Parish HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away1057 Paul Maillard Road Luling Louisiana 70070Government - Hospital District or Authority(985) 785-3644
- Childrens HospitalChildrens 10.64 miles away200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70118Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 899-9511
- University Medical Center New OrleansAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away2000 Canal Street New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 903-3000
- Tulane Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 988-5263
- Touro InfirmaryAcute Care Hospitals 11.91 miles away1401 Foucher Street New Orleans Louisiana 70115Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 897-8247
- Davita - Kenner Reg Dialysis0.86 miles away200 W Esplanade Ste 100 Kenner Louisiana 70065CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (504) 471-0931
- Fkc - Kenner Home Therapies1.1 miles away3409 Williams Blvd, Suite 2 Kenner Louisiana 70065Dialysis Stations: 6 (504) 305-1980
- Fmcna - Kenner Dialysis1.41 miles away2717 Decatur St Kenner Louisiana 70062Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 469-1075
- Davita - Chateau Dialysis2.97 miles away720 Village Rd Kenner Louisiana 70065Dialysis Stations: 16 (504) 469-2796
- Fmcna - Ochsner-St Charles2.99 miles away150 James Dr East Ste 110 Saint Rose Louisiana 70087Dialysis Stations: 17 (504) 712-5454
- Metairie Kidney Ctr4.38 miles away4424 Conlin St Ste 1a Metairie Louisiana 70006Dialysis Stations: 8 (504) 887-8319
- Fmcna - Metairie4.86 miles away4425 Utica St Metairie Louisiana 70006CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 455-5535
- Fmcna - Ochsner North Arnoult5.71 miles away3030 N Arnoult Rd, Ste A Metairie Louisiana 70002Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 457-3498