Chateau Living Center is a facility in Kenner, Louisiana. The city has a total of 68,211 people. With an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor nursing home. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Kenner. The city has just one other nursing home. Finally, inspections was the only shining light in our review of this nursing home. We provide additional information on this category below.
Chateau Living Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Radiation Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this place incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our more favorable scores in that area with a B+. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this nursing home still received a relatively favorable report.
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home a grade of just D for our long-term care grade and that actually ended up being its next highest score. Long-term care scores in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to only 90.789474 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Chateau Living Center?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. We looked at the qualifications of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the number of hours the nurses worked with residents, in determining our grade in this category. This facility averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed is short-term care. This facility was given an abysmal grade of F in this category. In crafting these short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chateau Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chateau Living Center, 9.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chateau Living Center, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chateau Living Center, 2.79% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chateau Living Center, 16.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chateau Living Center, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chateau Living Center, 1.48% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chateau Living Center, 89.54% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chateau Living Center, 17.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chateau Living Center, 15.38% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Chateau Living Center, 2.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chateau Living Center, 15.38 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chateau Living Center, 12.77 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chateau Living Center, 64.63% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Ochsner Medical Center-KennerAcute Care Hospitals 0.91 miles away180 West Esplanade Avenue Kenner Louisiana 70065Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 468-4806
- East Jefferson General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away4200 Houma Blvd Metairie Louisiana 70006Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 454-4000
- Ochsner Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.91 miles away1516 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans Louisiana 70121Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 842-3000
- St Charles Parish HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away1057 Paul Maillard Road Luling Louisiana 70070Government - Hospital District or Authority(985) 785-3644
- Childrens HospitalChildrens 10.64 miles away200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70118Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 899-9511
- University Medical Center New OrleansAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away2000 Canal Street New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 903-3000
- Tulane Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 988-5263
- Touro InfirmaryAcute Care Hospitals 11.91 miles away1401 Foucher Street New Orleans Louisiana 70115Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 897-8247
- Davita - Kenner Reg Dialysis0.86 miles away200 W Esplanade Ste 100 Kenner Louisiana 70065CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (504) 471-0931
- Fkc - Kenner Home Therapies1.1 miles away3409 Williams Blvd, Suite 2 Kenner Louisiana 70065Dialysis Stations: 6 (504) 305-1980
- Fmcna - Kenner Dialysis1.41 miles away2717 Decatur St Kenner Louisiana 70062Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 469-1075
- Davita - Chateau Dialysis2.97 miles away720 Village Rd Kenner Louisiana 70065Dialysis Stations: 16 (504) 469-2796
- Fmcna - Ochsner-St Charles2.99 miles away150 James Dr East Ste 110 Saint Rose Louisiana 70087Dialysis Stations: 17 (504) 712-5454
- Metairie Kidney Ctr4.38 miles away4424 Conlin St Ste 1a Metairie Louisiana 70006Dialysis Stations: 8 (504) 887-8319
- Fmcna - Metairie4.86 miles away4425 Utica St Metairie Louisiana 70006CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 455-5535
- Fmcna - Ochsner North Arnoult5.71 miles away3030 N Arnoult Rd, Ste A Metairie Louisiana 70002Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 457-3498