Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. This city is among the largest cities in the nation with has a total of 790,689 people. This nursing home a middle of the pack overall score of C, which resulted in it being one of the top ten nursing homes in Charlotte. Based on the data we reviewed, there are certainly far worse nursing homes out there. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its nearly flawless health inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Another one of this nursing home's stronger areas was in the category of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. Nursing scores are primarily based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third best area was its short-term care score, where it received a grade of C. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive area is long-term care, which is the last category we assessed. For this area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D. Facilities that don't fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated only 61.883408 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who sustained a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric could also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.01% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 87.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Charlotte Health & Rehabilitation Center, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Charlotte, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Charlotte, North Carolina has 19 other nursing homes
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 10.46 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Caromont Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away2525 Court Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28052Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 834-4891
- Davita Brookshire1.2 miles away5601 Tuckaseegee Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28208Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 395-6091
- Fresenius Kidney Care West Charlotte2.39 miles away3057 Freedom Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (704) 393-5509
- Bma of Beatties Ford Inc3.5 miles away1534 North Hoskins Road Charlotte North Carolina 28216CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (704) 394-7335
- Charlotte Dialysis3.6 miles away2321 W Morehead Street Charlotte North Carolina 28208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (704) 333-5535
- Fresenius Medical Care Charlotte5.63 miles away928 Baxter Street Charlotte North Carolina 28204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 348-2950
- Carolinas Medical Center Dialysis Unit6.13 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Pediatric Dialysis Unit Charlotte North Carolina 28232Dialysis Stations: 9 (704) 381-7749
- North Charlotte6.22 miles away6620 Old Statesville Road Charlotte North Carolina 28269CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (704) 599-1355
- Presbyterian Hospital6.49 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Charlotte North Carolina 28204Dialysis Stations: 13 (704) 384-4034