Charles M. Morris Nursing And is a large non-profit nursing home located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. With an overall grade of A-, this is undoubtedly a very strong facility. Indeed, we were so impressed with this facility that we rated it ahead of the majority of the facilities in Pittsburgh, which boasts a decent selection of facilities. If you look further down this page, you can see this place's category ratings, which are also quite good.
Charles M. Morris Nursing And
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jan 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
200 Jhf Drive,
Pittsburgh PA 15217
57.17% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Charles M. Morris Nursing And has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its strong profile, this facility also excelled in our short-term care area. In fact, we gave it a grade of A for that category. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be more meaningful for patients needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Charles M. Morris Nursing And?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at is long-term care. This facility received an impressive long-term care score, with a grade of B+ in this area. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 95.72954 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the elderly population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final area we analyzed is nursing. This facility received a better than average nursing grade in our assessment, with a B. Although this is not nearly as elite as several of its other category grades, this is still one of the more favorable scores for this category. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Charles M. Morris Nursing And Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that sustained falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 3.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing signs of depression. Some argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Charles M. Morris Nursing And, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Pittsburgh, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has 28 other nursing homes
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.59 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Davita - Homestead Dialysis0.7 miles away207 West 7th Avenue Homestead Pennsylvania 15120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 476-8700
- Davita - East End Pittsburgh2.71 miles away7714 Penn Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 241-6790
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Point Breeze2.76 miles away7620 Meade Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15221Dialysis Stations: 22 (412) 247-5223
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Oakland2.76 miles away3260 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Dialysis Stations: 30 (412) 647-3700
- Upmc Presbyterian - Renal Unit2.79 miles away200 Lothrop Street Renal Unit, 11th Flr, Suite f1141.2 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Dialysis Stations: 12 (412) 647-3114
- Va Pittsburgh Healthcare System3.08 miles awayUniversity Drive C 7 East, Room 129 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15240Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 360-6181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Shadyside3.11 miles away4925 Baum Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Dialysis Stations: 20 (412) 687-2279
- Davita Bloomfield - Pittsburgh3.23 miles away5171 Liberty Avenue, Suite C Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (412) 683-3212