Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health is in Orange, California. The city has a total of 141,692 people. This facility was given an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average rating. In addition, this nursing home is also based in a hospital, which often means the facility offers a wider array of medical services. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving an elite overall rating, this facility earned an A+ inspection rating. This grade is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can pay to a facility. Our inspection grades account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a score of A- for our long-term care grade. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the senior population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. Our nursing rating is largely based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, nursing ratings also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often an indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was this facility's worst area. However, even in its worst category we still gave it an acceptable grade of C for our short-term care category. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often associated with poor nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term stay residents who have sustained a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which are given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.39 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Davita-Tustin Dialysis Center1.7 miles away2090 N. Tustin Avenue, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 835-2450
- Davita-Main Place Dialysis Center2.39 miles away146 South Main Street Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 938-0870
- Satellite Healthcare Orange2.45 miles away1518 W. La Veta Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 285-9675
- Fmc-University Dialysis Center of Orange2.59 miles away1809 W. Chapman Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 634-3583
- St. Joseph Hospital Renal Center2.76 miles awaySr. Elizabeth Bldg. 1100 W. Stewart Drive Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (714) 771-8037
- St. Joseph Hospital Dialysis Center-Santa Ana2.77 miles away2212 E. 4th Street, Suite 101 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 571-7850
- Davita-Tustin Ranch Dialysis2.89 miles away721 W 1st Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 544-0079
- Fmc-Rai-East First Street-Tustin2.96 miles away535 E. First Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 730-1428