Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health is in Orange, California. The city has a total of 141,692 people. This facility was given an overall grade of B-, which is a good rating. In addition, this nursing home is also based in a hospital, which often means the facility offers a wider array of medical services. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Orange senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. Our nursing score is mostly associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This place provides 0.9 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third best area was its short-term care score, where it was awarded a C. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is often a reliable measure of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was long-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this area. This is a fair grade in this area. For residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 24.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 9.68% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients that were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 12.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chapman Global Medical Center Senior Behavioral Health, 100% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.39 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Davita-Tustin Dialysis Center1.7 miles away2090 N. Tustin Avenue, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 835-2450
- Davita-Main Place Dialysis Center2.39 miles away146 South Main Street Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 938-0870
- Satellite Healthcare Orange2.45 miles away1518 W. La Veta Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 285-9675
- Fmc-University Dialysis Center of Orange2.59 miles away1809 W. Chapman Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 634-3583
- St. Joseph Hospital Renal Center2.76 miles awaySr. Elizabeth Bldg. 1100 W. Stewart Drive Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (714) 771-8037
- St. Joseph Hospital Dialysis Center-Santa Ana2.77 miles away2212 E. 4th Street, Suite 101 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 571-7850
- Davita-Tustin Ranch Dialysis2.89 miles away721 W 1st Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 544-0079
- Fmc-Rai-East First Street-Tustin2.96 miles away535 E. First Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 730-1428