Chapin Center is a senior living facility in Springfield, Massachusetts, which has 144,116 people. With an overall grade of A-, this nursing home is one of the higher-rated nursing homes we assessed. At the end of the day, this nursing home should be a no brainer for just about anybody. Scroll down to find this facility's category ratings, which are also impressive. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Aug 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Springfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this facility also performed well in inspections, which is based on its recent inspection reports. We awarded it an A for that category. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its first-rate achievements in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a score of A for its long-term care grade. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Chapin Center?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Our nursing score assesses many components, most of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is short-term care, where this nursing home was given a B. Believe it or not, this is this nursing home's weakest category. A facility could be doing a lot worse when it's worst score still is superior to most nursing homes. Our short-term care grades are vital for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 4.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chapin Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chapin Center, 4.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chapin Center, 2.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chapin Center, 0.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chapin Center, 13.43% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chapin Center, 15.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chapin Center, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chapin Center, 99.37% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chapin Center, 25.08% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chapin Center, 26.08% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Chapin Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chapin Center, 26.08% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chapin Center, 3.91% of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chapin Center, 82.63% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Mercy Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away271 Carew Street Springfield Massachusetts 01104Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 748-9000
- Baystate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.39 miles away759 Chestnut Street Springfield Massachusetts 01199Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 794-0000
- Holyoke Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away575 Beech Street Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 534-2500
- Baystate Noble HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away115 West Silver Street Westfield Massachusetts 01085Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 568-2811
- Baystate Wing Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 12.51 miles away40 Wright Street Palmer Massachusetts 01069Voluntary non-profit - Other(413) 283-7651
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,TheAcute Care Hospitals 15.11 miles away30 Locust Street Northampton Massachusetts 01060Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 582-2000
- Rockville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.85 miles away31 Union St Vernon Rockville Connecticut 06066Proprietary(860) 872-5160
- Western Mass. Kidney Center (Bma Springfield)1.48 miles away2000 Main Street Springfield Massachusetts 01103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (413) 739-4751
- Springfield Dialysis Center1.49 miles away125 Liberty Street, Suite 101 Springfield Massachusetts 01103Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 736-9600
- East Springfield Dialysis (Bma of Massachusetts)1.78 miles away1515 State Street Springfield Massachusetts 01109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 732-1586
- Pioneer Valley Dialysis Center2.53 miles away208 Ashley Avenue West Springfield Massachusetts 01089CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (413) 750-3400
- Chicopee Dialysis Center2.61 miles awayI 391 Industrial Park 317 Meadow Street Chicopee Massachusetts 01013Dialysis Stations: 17 (413) 535-2529
- Heritage Dialysis Center, LLC3.47 miles away67 Cooper Street Agawam Massachusetts 01001Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 786-2022
- Dialysis Center of Western Massachusetts3.64 miles away601 Memorial Drive, Suite H Chicopee Massachusetts 01020Dialysis Stations: 15 (413) 593-3078
- Ara-Holyoke Dialysis LLC4.37 miles away36 Lower Westfield Rd Unit C-153 Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Dialysis Stations: 20 (413) 533-3128