Chapel Manor is a very-large facility in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A score in this range requires quality marks in most areas. We found this facility to be better than most of the nursing homes in Philadelphia, which has a city grade of B-. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this place especially excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A. Not many facilities performed better in that category. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing score is mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Chapel Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best category was long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. In determining our long-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's personal care services. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were disappointed to learn that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 87.238495 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our final category, this facility was awarded a C in short-term care, which we consider to be a respectable grade. Short-term care grades are typically employed to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. To have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chapel Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chapel Manor, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chapel Manor, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients who had falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chapel Manor, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents which had UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chapel Manor, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chapel Manor, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chapel Manor, 3.23% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chapel Manor, 88.5% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chapel Manor, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chapel Manor, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Chapel Manor, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chapel Manor, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chapel Manor, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chapel Manor, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Philadelphia, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has 48 other nursing homes
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.21 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.21 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 7.17 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Davita - Grant One Dialysis Center1.22 miles away9475 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 673-0490
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center, LLC1.31 miles away9815 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 1a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 330-0494
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast1.88 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nazareth2.17 miles away2601 Holme Avenue Ground Floor, Marion Building Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 335-0668
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis2.47 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Bio Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.2.86 miles away700 Cottman Avenue, Building A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 745-3183
- Davita Cottman Kidney Center3.09 miles away7198 Castor Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 745-4060
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center3.45 miles away518 Knorr Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 745-4859