Chapel Manor is a very-large facility in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score in this range generally indicates some concerning datapoints. In our grading scheme, this is one of the five worst rated facilities in Philadelphia. In a city with countless other nursing homes, you will probably be able to find an alternative. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection score. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Philadelphia senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this place favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively solid government inspections in recent years. We gave it a B+ in this category, which is much better than its overall score. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid places with a list of severe deficiencies flagged. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of C. Nursing grades are mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Chapel Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care grade. This is not a very good score. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 94.46936 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than most nursing homes. Surprisingly, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was short-term care, ended up being this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this facility a D in this category. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is typically a useful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Based on its poor score in this area, we were not stunned to find this nursing home provides far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.7 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chapel Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chapel Manor, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chapel Manor, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chapel Manor, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chapel Manor, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chapel Manor, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chapel Manor, 3.3% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chapel Manor, 86.27% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chapel Manor, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chapel Manor, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Chapel Manor, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chapel Manor, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chapel Manor, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chapel Manor, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Philadelphia, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has 19 other nursing homes
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.21 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.21 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 7.17 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Davita - Grant One Dialysis Center1.22 miles away9475 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 673-0490
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center, LLC1.31 miles away9815 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 1a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 330-0494
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast1.88 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nazareth2.17 miles away2601 Holme Avenue Ground Floor, Marion Building Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 335-0668
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis2.47 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Bio Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.2.86 miles away700 Cottman Avenue, Building A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 745-3183
- Davita Cottman Kidney Center3.09 miles away7198 Castor Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 745-4060
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center3.45 miles away518 Knorr Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 745-4859