Chapel Manor is a very-large facility in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A score in this range requires quality marks in most areas. We found this facility to be better than most of the nursing homes in Philadelphia, which has a city grade of B-. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this place especially excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A. Not many facilities performed better in that category. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Our nursing score is mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Chapel Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best category was short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. With our short-term care grade, we try to craft a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that just 4.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last area is long-term care, where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C in this area. Our long-term care grade assesses a facility's personal care rather than the highly skilled therapy and healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 91.221375 percent of its residents. This is a bit less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chapel Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chapel Manor, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay patients which suffer from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chapel Manor, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chapel Manor, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chapel Manor, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chapel Manor, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chapel Manor, 3.12% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chapel Manor, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chapel Manor, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chapel Manor, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Chapel Manor, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chapel Manor, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chapel Manor, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chapel Manor, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Philadelphia, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has 48 other nursing homes
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.21 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.21 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 7.17 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Davita - Grant One Dialysis Center1.22 miles away9475 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 673-0490
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center, LLC1.31 miles away9815 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 1a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 330-0494
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast1.88 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nazareth2.17 miles away2601 Holme Avenue Ground Floor, Marion Building Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 335-0668
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis2.47 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Bio Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.2.86 miles away700 Cottman Avenue, Building A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 745-3183
- Davita Cottman Kidney Center3.09 miles away7198 Castor Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 745-4060
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center3.45 miles away518 Knorr Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 745-4859