Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Chandler, Arizona which has a population of 255,641 people. This nursing home is a subpar facility. A grade of this caliber indicates we found some red flags. If you are not satisfied with this facility's rather poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are four other nursing homes in Chandler. The only positive thing we can say about this place is that it didn't receive any F's in in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall score was not a highlight, it actually received a somewhat respectable grade in the category of inspections. We awarded it a B- for this area, which is a decent score. Inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of B- in the area. Nursing grades are largely based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This figure is far below average. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a decent score in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of B-. In computing our short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to formulate a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is long-term care. For that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. In determining our long-term care ratings, we look at the personal care received by the facility's patients. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is more than most nursing homes. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 2.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which experienced a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 11.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 16.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 2.87% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 81.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 12.86% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 23.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 23.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 10.95 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chandler Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 73.63% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Chandler, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Chandler, Arizona has 4 other nursing homes
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.16 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.39 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 14.83 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Chandler Dialysis (Fmc)1.35 miles away912 W Chandler Blvd Bldg a-D Chandler Arizona 85225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 821-9801
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Tempe (Dva)4.27 miles away2149 E Warner Rd Ste 109 & Ste 110 Tempe Arizona 85284CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 730-3531
- Ocotillo Dialysis (Dva)4.61 miles away975 W Chandler Heights Ste 101 Chandler Arizona 85248Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 802-4405
- Sun Lakes Dialysis (Fmc)5.44 miles away9666 E Riggs Rd Ste 143 Chandler Arizona 85248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 883-1301
- Mesa Dialysis Center (Fmc)6.33 miles away1525 N Gilbert Rd Ste 121 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 497-1127
- Southwest Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)6.57 miles away1457 W Southern Ave Ste 19 Mesa Arizona 85202Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 894-5411
- Gilbert Dialysis (Fmc)7.45 miles away3511 Mercy Rd Ste 101 Gilbert Arizona 85297CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 857-8338
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)8.24 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222