Chalet Living & Rehab is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Chicago, Illinois. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A grade of this caliber typically suggests some concerning datapoints. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection grade. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Chalet Living & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home highly overall, we want to draw your attention to its excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that have a long list of deficiencies. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a solid grade in the area of long-term care, with a grade of C. Long-term care grades are generally used to measure a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. After considering the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated just 88.41642 percent of its residents for pneumonia. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Chalet Living & Rehab?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. Our nursing rating is based on a number of factors. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. With just 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient daily, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were far below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an F in this category, which is an abysmal score. In computing these short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Given its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this facility was well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the figures we looked at. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chalet Living & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 29.8% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 87.49% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chalet Living & Rehab, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.2 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 2.92 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 3.17 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.28 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 3.59 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Thorek Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away850 W Irving Park Rd Chicago Illinois 60613Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 525-6780
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away836 West Wellington Avenue Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 975-1600
- Fmc - Rogers Park1.19 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center2.54 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Fmc - Uptown3.38 miles away4700 N. Marine Drive, Suite 204 Chicago Illinois 60640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (773) 989-8082
- Fmc - Na Lakeview Dialysis3.55 miles away4008 North Broadway Ave., Suite 1200 Chicago Illinois 60613Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 248-3105
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.93 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston4.34 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Nephron Dialysis Center, Ltd.4.86 miles away5140 N. California Ave. Suite 510 Chicago Illinois 60625Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 293-2100
- Fmc - Northcenter Dialysis4.99 miles away2620 W. Addison St. Chicago Illinois 60618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 248-0462