Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center turns out to be one of a multitude of available nursing homes to select from in Jackson, Mississippi. We gave this facility a C overall, which is not a bad score. This is comparable with the city grade in Jackson, which is a B-. This place seems to have a few things working in its favor. The best part of this place's profile is its remarkable inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection grade. Its inspection score was far better than its overall score. In our inspections category, we gave this facility an A. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a respectable score in the area of long-term care, with a B-. Our long-term care grades are more meaningful for individuals needing more conventional services related to activities of daily living. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest area is its short-term care score, where it was given a grade of C. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The question is whether this adversely impacted quality of care. The final measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Switching gears to our last category, this nursing home really didn't perform very well. Due to a very poor grade of F in nursing, this was this facility's worst area. There are a variety of subcategories within this grade. Many of the factors are tied to staffing levels. This nursing home averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents which suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.19% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who suffered a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.34% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 93.38% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 19.45% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 23.26% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 23.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.82 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Chadwick Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 68.23% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Jackson, MS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jackson, Mississippi has 9 other nursing homes
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 9.87 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 13.09 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Fmc Southwest Jackson0.42 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Isd Renal Inc0.63 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897
- Isd Renal Inc3.1 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Lakeland Home Program, LLC4.59 miles away105 Johnston Place Clinton Mississippi 39056Dialysis Stations: 14 (601) 925-9296
- Medical Mall Dialysis4.82 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.4.93 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home5.2 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Fmc Jackson6.46 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652