Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt turns out to be one of 31 nursing homes in Saint Paul, Minnesota. The city has quite a few more nursing homes than most areas in the state. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the nation. Based on our analysis, you can't go wrong with this facility. This facility also received very consistent grades in all four of our categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. The nursing score analyzes several factors, most of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning residents even once per day.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. Short-term care grades are generally used to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation In order to provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care. We gave this facility one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a grade of B. Although this is not as dominant as some of its other scores, it is still an excellent score. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 91.25475 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be a few points lower than we expected but still a decent percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 4.73% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 93.57% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 30 other nursing homes
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 8.95 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.41 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- West St Paul Dialysis of Davita2.17 miles away1555 Livingston Ave Saint Paul Minnesota 55118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 455-2995
- Capitol Dialysis of Davita2.18 miles away555 Park St, Suite 230 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 221-3318
- St Paul Dialysis of Davita2.18 miles away555 Park St, Suite 180 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 291-8855
- Capitol Home Program of Davita - Hemo Unit2.18 miles away555 Park Street Suite 210, Hemo Unit Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 4 (651) 221-0896
- Davita Phalen Dialysis2.23 miles away863 Arcade St Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 776-0466
- Fmc - West St Paul Dialysis2.24 miles away1590 S Robert St Ste 130 Saint Paul Minnesota 55118Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 457-2232
- Fmc Dialysis Services of St Paul2.64 miles away445 Etna Street Suite 60 Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 251-3847
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita3.02 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139