Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt turns out to be one of 31 nursing homes in Saint Paul, Minnesota. The city has quite a few more nursing homes than most areas in the state. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the country. Based on the data we reviewed, you can't go wrong here. This place also received very consistent grades in each of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
512 Humboldt Avenue,
Saint Paul MN 55107
68.54% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a patient more often.
In addition, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A-. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the area of long-term care, where it was given a score of B. It outperformed most facilities in this category. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 94.565216 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was short-term care. In this category, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of B. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 4.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often associated with poor nursing care. More supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 4.58% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 93.31% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 30 other nursing homes
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.46 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 8.95 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.41 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- West St Paul Dialysis of Davita2.17 miles away1555 Livingston Ave Saint Paul Minnesota 55118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 455-2995
- Capitol Dialysis of Davita2.18 miles away555 Park St, Suite 230 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 221-3318
- St Paul Dialysis of Davita2.18 miles away555 Park St, Suite 180 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 291-8855
- Capitol Home Program of Davita - Hemo Unit2.18 miles away555 Park Street Suite 210, Hemo Unit Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 4 (651) 221-0896
- Davita Phalen Dialysis2.23 miles away863 Arcade St Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 776-0466
- Fmc - West St Paul Dialysis2.24 miles away1590 S Robert St Ste 130 Saint Paul Minnesota 55118Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 457-2232
- Fmc Dialysis Services of St Paul2.64 miles away445 Etna Street Suite 60 Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 251-3847
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita3.02 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139