Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Brandon, Florida. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B. A score in this range requires respectable marks in most areas. With no elite facilities in the city, this proved to be the best nursing home in Brandon. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
702 S Kings Ave,
Brandon FL 33511
80.41% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home fared even better in our inspections category which is associated with the facility's recent government inspections. We gave it an A- for this category, which is one of our best grades. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its profile, this nursing home also earned a grade of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. In computing our short-term care grades, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is frequently a solid measure of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. The nursing rating consists of many subcategories, however, the primary consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is a fair grade in this category. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. One of the data points we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who had urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' well-being.
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.55 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.15 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- South Florida Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away301 N Alexander St Plant City Florida 33563Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 757-1200
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 12.03 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 14.03 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- South Bay HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.58 miles away4016 Sun City Center Blvd Sun City Center Florida 33573Proprietary(813) 634-3301
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 18.49 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Brandon Artificial Kidney Center0.26 miles away514 Medical Oaks Ave Brandon Florida 33511Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 661-3815
- Dsi South Tampa LLC0.38 miles away731 West Lumsden Brandon Florida 33511CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (813) 661-7474
- Brandon East Dialysis0.88 miles away114 E Brandon Blvd Brandon Florida 33511CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 657-2783
- Falkenburg Dialysis2.77 miles away3140 S Falkenburg Road Suite 101 Riverview Florida 33578Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 372-1625
- East Tampa Dialysis9.2 miles away1701 E 9th Avenue Tampa Florida 33605CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 247-1820
- Fmc - Ybor City9.45 miles away2525 E. Hillsborough Ave Suite 209 Tampa Florida 33610CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 231-6859
- Tampa General Hospital Esrd9.6 miles awayPediatric Dialysis 1 Tampa General Circle Tampa Florida 33601Dialysis Stations: 7 (813) 844-4210
- Temple Terrace Dialysis10.37 miles away11306 53rd St Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 989-2062