Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Brandon, Florida. We awarded this facility an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some decent marks. With no A rated facilities in the city, this proved to be the best nursing home in Brandon. The best part of this place's report card is is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Brandon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest area came in the area of short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B-. In computing our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is generally a meaningful measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. The critical question is whether this also impacted quality of care. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. When computing our nursing grades, we assess both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, nursing scores also factor in quality-based metrics, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care. We awarded this facility a C in that area. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.36% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents which have experienced UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 15.41% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.04% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 100% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 22.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 17.23% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' well-being.
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 17.23% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 8.01% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 81% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.55 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.15 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- South Florida Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away301 N Alexander St Plant City Florida 33563Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 757-1200
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 12.03 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 14.03 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- South Bay HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.58 miles away4016 Sun City Center Blvd Sun City Center Florida 33573Proprietary(813) 634-3301
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 18.49 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Brandon Artificial Kidney Center0.26 miles away514 Medical Oaks Ave Brandon Florida 33511Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 661-3815
- Dsi South Tampa LLC0.38 miles away731 West Lumsden Brandon Florida 33511CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (813) 661-7474
- Brandon East Dialysis0.88 miles away114 E Brandon Blvd Brandon Florida 33511CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 657-2783
- Falkenburg Dialysis2.77 miles away3140 S Falkenburg Road Suite 101 Riverview Florida 33578Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 372-1625
- East Tampa Dialysis9.2 miles away1701 E 9th Avenue Tampa Florida 33605CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 247-1820
- Fmc - Ybor City9.45 miles away2525 E. Hillsborough Ave Suite 209 Tampa Florida 33610CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 231-6859
- Tampa General Hospital Esrd9.6 miles awayPediatric Dialysis 1 Tampa General Circle Tampa Florida 33601Dialysis Stations: 7 (813) 844-4210
- Temple Terrace Dialysis10.37 miles away11306 53rd St Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 989-2062