Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West is a nursing home located in Inglewood, California. This city has a population of 135,222 people. Featuring an overall score of B, this facility is a fine choice. This nursing home definitely has plenty going for it. The best part of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Inglewood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a score of A- for our long-term care score. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning patients at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, we awarded this facility a grade of D in short-term care. This was the nursing home's weakest category score. Of course, this category hurt the nursing home's overall profile to some degree. With our short-term care grade, we try to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 2.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 8.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 0.7% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 3.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 0% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 12.8% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 100% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 4.55% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 2.5% of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 2.5% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 5.43% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Centinela Skilled Nursing & Wellness Centre West, 85% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.85 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Torrance Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.56 miles away3330 Lomita Blvd Torrance California 90509Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 325-9110
- Davita-Inglewood Dialysis0.39 miles away125 E. Arbor Vitae Inglewood California 90301CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (310) 677-6114
- Fmc-Inglewood0.66 miles away336 E. Hillcrest Avenue, Suite 100 Inglewood California 90301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (310) 673-3656
- Fmc-West Los Angeles1.04 miles away301 N. Prairie Avenue, Suite 100 Inglewood California 90301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 674-9640
- Davita-Airport Sunrise Dialysis Center1.48 miles away11300 Hawthorne Blvd Inglewood California 90304CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (310) 680-0601
- Fmc-Eucalyptus1.51 miles away610 N. Eucalyptus Avenue Inglewood California 90302CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 680-9101
- Davita-Imperial Dialysis1.94 miles away2738 W. Imperial Highway Inglewood California 90303CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 779-5399
- Fmc-Rai-Centinela-Inglewood2.1 miles away1416 Centinela Avenue Inglewood California 90302CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 673-6865
- Davita-Hawthorne Dialysis3.33 miles away14204 Prairie Avenue Hawthorne California 90250CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 349-1174