With an address in Perris, California, Centinela Grand is the sole facility we identified in this area. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is an elite rating. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. Keep reading to see this facility's category grades, which are also impressive. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2225 North Perris Boulevard,
Perris CA 92571
89.26% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Best Nursing Home in Perris, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility received an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. There are a variety of subcategories within this category. Many of the criteria reflect nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Centinela Grand?
This nursing home also performed at a high level in the area of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless inspection report this year. It earned one of our best grades in that category with a grade of B+. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was short-term care, in which this nursing home was given a B. Even though this wound up being its least impressive category grade, this is nevertheless a good rating. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Centinela Grand Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Centinela Grand, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Centinela Grand, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients that had a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Centinela Grand, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Centinela Grand, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Centinela Grand, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Centinela Grand, 4.64% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Centinela Grand, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Centinela Grand, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Centinela Grand, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
In Centinela Grand, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Centinela Grand, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Centinela Grand, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 14.18 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.52 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 15.62 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.66 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis5.07 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Fmc-Moreno Valley6.21 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis7.02 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844
- Davita-Moreno Valley7.37 miles away22620 Goldencrest Drive, Suite 101-103 Moreno Valley California 92553CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 656-3804
- Davita-Canyon Springs Dialysis7.65 miles away22555 Alessandro Blvd., Suite A Moreno Valley California 92553CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 653-6400
- Davita-Vista Heights Dialysis Center9.06 miles away12220 Perris Blvd, Ste A Moreno Valley California 92557Dialysis Stations: 37 (951) 242-5112
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis9.22 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Lake Elsinore Dialysis Center11.64 miles away32291 Mission Trail Lake Elsinore California 92530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 674-5050