With an address in Perris, California, Centinela Grand is the sole facility we identified in this area. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is an elite rating. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the country. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also impressive. It's hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Perris senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Perris, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an A in our long-term care category. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Centinela Grand?
Turning to another of this facility's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection score. This proved to be one of its best grades. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B+. Our inspection grades are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth category, this nursing home was given an excellent short-term care score. Although this wasn't as impressive as several of its other category grades, this is still one of the more impressive grades a facility can receive. In our short-term care rating, we seek to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Centinela Grand Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Centinela Grand, 2.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Centinela Grand, 1.06% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Centinela Grand, 1.13% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Centinela Grand, 1.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Centinela Grand, 29.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Centinela Grand, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Centinela Grand, 100% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Centinela Grand, 1.15% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Centinela Grand, 1.82% of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Centinela Grand, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Centinela Grand, 1.82% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Centinela Grand, 7.71% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 14.18 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.52 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 15.62 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.66 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis5.07 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Fmc-Moreno Valley6.21 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis7.02 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844
- Davita-Moreno Valley7.37 miles away22620 Goldencrest Drive, Suite 101-103 Moreno Valley California 92553CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 656-3804
- Davita-Canyon Springs Dialysis7.65 miles away22555 Alessandro Blvd., Suite A Moreno Valley California 92553CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 653-6400
- Davita-Vista Heights Dialysis Center9.06 miles away12220 Perris Blvd, Ste A Moreno Valley California 92557Dialysis Stations: 37 (951) 242-5112
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis9.22 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Lake Elsinore Dialysis Center11.64 miles away32291 Mission Trail Lake Elsinore California 92530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 674-5050