With an address in Perris, California, Centinela Grand is the sole facility we identified in this area. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is an elite rating. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the country. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also impressive. It's hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also fared well in long-term care, where it received an A+. Few facilities fared better in this area. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. After we finished assessing the amount of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly ailment for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Nursing scores are mostly based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Centinela Grand?
This facility also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. We gave it a grade of B+ for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care, where this facility was given a grade of B. Although this turned out to be its poorest category rating, this is nevertheless a favorable rating. With our short-term care score, we endeavor to craft a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Centinela Grand Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Centinela Grand, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Centinela Grand, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Centinela Grand, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that suffered from UTI's. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Centinela Grand, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Centinela Grand, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Centinela Grand, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression could imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Centinela Grand, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Centinela Grand, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Centinela Grand, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Centinela Grand, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Centinela Grand, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Centinela Grand, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 14.18 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.52 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 14.73 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 15.62 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.66 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis5.07 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Fmc-Moreno Valley6.21 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis7.02 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844
- Davita-Moreno Valley7.37 miles away22620 Goldencrest Drive, Suite 101-103 Moreno Valley California 92553CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 656-3804
- Davita-Canyon Springs Dialysis7.65 miles away22555 Alessandro Blvd., Suite A Moreno Valley California 92553CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 653-6400
- Davita-Vista Heights Dialysis Center9.06 miles away12220 Perris Blvd, Ste A Moreno Valley California 92557Dialysis Stations: 37 (951) 242-5112
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis9.22 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Lake Elsinore Dialysis Center11.64 miles away32291 Mission Trail Lake Elsinore California 92530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 674-5050