The Center for Rehabilitation at Hampton Woods is a small nursing home located in Youngstown, Ohio. This nursing home is an A+ rated facility, which is the most impressive score we offer. We really can't say enough favorable things about this nursing home. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar report card is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
The Center for Rehabilitation at Hampton Woods
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1517 East Western Reserve Road,
Youngstown OH 44514
68.46% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this facility also earned nearly flawless government inspections. Consequently, it earned one of our best scores in that area with an A+. Inspection scores are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a strong short-term care score. This actually is this nursing home's second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about The Center for Rehabilitation at Hampton Woods?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, we awarded this facility a grade of A for its long-term care grade. This is a very impressive score. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. It doesn't look like this facility provided vaccination data. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last category, this nursing home also received an impressive nursing rating, with an A. This completed a rare straight A profile. We assessed the skill-level of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses were with patients, in calculating our rating in this area. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Center for Rehabilitation at Hampton Woods Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Center for Rehabilitation at Hampton Woods, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Center for Rehabilitation at Hampton Woods, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Youngstown, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Youngstown, Ohio has 21 other nursing homes
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.54 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 14.17 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.32 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.65 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.46 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Ellwood City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.74 miles away724 Pershing Street Ellwood City Pennsylvania 16117Proprietary(724) 752-0081
- Cdc Home Care (Youngstown), Ltd.0.85 miles away807 Southwestern Run Youngstown Ohio 44514Dialysis Stations: 2 (330) 758-0995
- Fmc - North Lima2.21 miles away9174 Market Street North Lima Ohio 44452Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 729-9061
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC2.68 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Fmc - Boardman Dialysis3.6 miles away257 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown Ohio 44512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 629-8856
- Arc/Cdc, Ltd.5.3 miles away3695 Stutz Drive Canfield Ohio 44406Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 702-3040
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg6.75 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Fmc - Youngstown9.2 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Fmc- Austintown10.35 miles away139 Javit Court Youngstown Ohio 44515CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 799-1150