Center at Park West is one of nine available facilities located in Pueblo, Colorado. This facility appears to be one of the higher-graded nursing homes we assessed. A grade of this caliber requires very strong scores across the board. As a matter of fact, this is one of the three highest graded nursing homes in the city. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Center at Park West
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. In crafting these short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Nursing ratings are largely tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Colorado in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning patients even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Center at Park West?
Racking up another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, it does not look like we have information about this nursing home's deficiencies. We would like to have more information about this facility. Without having complete deficiency data, it ended up being challenging to assess the place in the area of inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, this facility was awarded an acceptable long-term care rating. Although this wasn't as elite as some of its other grades, this is truly not a poor grade. In calculating our long-term care grades, we look at the personal care offered to the nursing home's patients. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided information about vaccinations. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Center at Park West Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Center at Park West, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Center at Park West, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Pueblo, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Pueblo, Colorado has 8 other nursing homes
- Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo-PsychPsychiatric 2.07 miles away1600 W 24th St Pueblo Colorado 81003Government - State(719) 546-4000
- Parkview Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away400 W 16th St Pueblo Colorado 81003Voluntary non-profit - Private(719) 584-4000
- Centura Health-St Mary Corwin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away1008 Minnequa Ave Pueblo Colorado 81004Voluntary non-profit - Church(719) 557-4000
- Liberty Dialysis - Pueblo2.26 miles away850 Eagleridge Blvd Pueblo Colorado 81008Dialysis Stations: 18 (719) 253-5980
- Pueblo Dialysis (Fmc)3.39 miles away41 Montebello Rd Ste 102 Pueblo Colorado 81001Dialysis Stations: 21 (719) 545-1575
- Pueblo West Dialysis (Fmc)4.65 miles away73 N Aspen Ski Way Pueblo Colorado 81007Dialysis Stations: 13 (719) 547-3888
- Pueblo South Dialysis (Fmc)6.9 miles away3426 Lake Avenue Ste 110 Pueblo Colorado 81004CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (719) 564-2442