Center at Lowry is an average-sized nursing home located in Denver, Colorado. We gave this facility a B- overall, which is a solid score. This is comparable with the city grade in Denver, which is a B. Even in a city of 42 nursing homes, this nursing home looks like a fine option. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Center at Lowry
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Oncology Care
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned a favorable inspection score. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+. Inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility an impressive grade in short-term care. This nursing home received a B+ in this category, which turns out to be one of our more favorable grades. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for patients requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Center at Lowry?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its third most favorable category grade in the area of long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of B- in this category, which is an acceptable grade. Our long-term care grade is generally used to assess a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were not able to track down this place's vaccination data. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This nursing home's weakest category is nursing, which is the last area we assessed. In this category, we awarded this facility a D. Our nursing grade includes a handful of subcategories, but the primary one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided a meager 0.5 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these data points to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Center at Lowry Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Center at Lowry, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Center at Lowry, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 41 other nursing homes
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 3.16 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.54 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)0.66 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)2.56 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- University of Co Hospital - Home Dialysis2.88 miles away12605 E. 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Dialysis Stations: 6 (720) 848-3102
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)3.07 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Stapleton Dialysis (Fmc)3.24 miles away7606 E 36th Ave Denver Colorado 80238Dialysis Stations: 20 (303) 322-1513
- The Childrens Hospital Kidney Ctr.3.26 miles away13123 E 16th Ave #328 Aurora Colorado 80045Dialysis Stations: 9 (720) 777-6263
- Aurora Dialysis (Fmc)3.34 miles away962 Potomac Cir Aurora Colorado 80011Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 340-1398
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)3.62 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911