Center at Lowry is a nursing home located in Denver, Colorado which has a population of 958,706 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of C, which is a decent grade. Denver received a city grade of B, so there are some other options in the city worth looking at. You also may want to review this nursing home's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Center at Lowry
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
8550 East Lowry Boulevard,
Denver CO 80230
73.54% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's short-term care score is notably more impressive than its overall score. Due to a strong performance in this category, it received one of our better grades in that category with a B+. Short-term care grades are crucial for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. This place is the gold standard when it comes to skilled nursing staffing. The facility supplied approximately 1.5 times as many registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average nursing home. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any facility in Colorado in this area with 68.4 percent of its residents returning home. For most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
This facility also excelled in inspections, where it received an B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Center at Lowry?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing score. In fact, we gave this facility a score of D. Our nursing rating considers a number of subcategories. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. Despite its poor nursing grade, this place provided an average of 4.8 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Approximately one fourth of this care came from registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. Both of these figures are higher than average, so clearly quantity of care is not its problem. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this facility didn't fare well. Due to a poor grade of F in long-term care, this was this nursing home's worst category grade. Long-term care scores in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Center at Lowry Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Center at Lowry, 11.36 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Center at Lowry, 75.04% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 42 other nursing homes
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 3.16 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.54 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)0.66 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)2.56 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- University of Co Hospital - Home Dialysis2.88 miles away12605 E. 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Dialysis Stations: 6 (720) 848-3102
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)3.07 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Stapleton Dialysis (Fmc)3.24 miles away7606 E 36th Ave Denver Colorado 80238Dialysis Stations: 20 (303) 322-1513
- The Childrens Hospital Kidney Ctr.3.26 miles away13123 E 16th Ave #328 Aurora Colorado 80045Dialysis Stations: 9 (720) 777-6263
- Aurora Dialysis (Fmc)3.34 miles away962 Potomac Cir Aurora Colorado 80011Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 340-1398
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)3.62 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911