Center at Loln is an average-sized nursing home in Parker, Colorado. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this is clearly a very impressive nursing home. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
Center at Loln
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home earned an excellent short-term care score. In fact, we gave it an A in that area. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Nursing scores are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Center at Loln?
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that category, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it an impressive grade of A- for that category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final area, this facility was given a respectable long-term care rating. Even though this was not nearly as strong as a few of its other grades, this is still not a terrible score. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the data points we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted information about vaccinations. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Center at Loln Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Center at Loln, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Center at Loln, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.25 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.02 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Castle Rock Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.27 miles away2350 Meadows Blvd Castle Rock Colorado 80109Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 455-2500
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 10.68 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.83 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 14.24 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)3.38 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- Parker Dialysis (Dva)4.4 miles away10371 S Park Glenn Way Ste 180 Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 840-0541
- Parker Kidney Center (Ara)4.42 miles away18320 E Cottonwood Dr Ste C Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 805-2060
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)7.87 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)8.34 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Red Hawk Dialysis (Dva)8.9 miles away4348 Woodland Blvd Ste 131 Castle Rock Colorado 80104Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 663-2875
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)10.79 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)11.25 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600