With an address in Dover, Delaware, Center at Eden Hill is one of five nursing homes in the city. We gave this facility an overall score of A-, which is an impressive score. In fact, it is one of the top three facilities in Dover. We couldn't find many bad things to say about this place. Its ratings are just impeccable. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Center at Eden Hill
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
300 Banning Street,
Dover DE 19904
66.87% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a great overall score, this facility also received an A+ in short-term care. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to forge a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. This facility excelled at the highest level in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average nursing home. This is an excellent sign. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. On top of excelling in the area of physical therapy staffing, we found that it performed as well as just about any facility with 66.2 percent of its patients returning home.
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. The nursing category is based on several components, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This place provided 5.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is among the more impressive totals in the country. A significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are one of the more skilled levels of nurses. We are very impressed by these statistics. On top of offering high levels of nursing care, this facility also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed as well as any nursing home in Delaware in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Center at Eden Hill?
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a solid grade of C. This turned out to be this facility's weakest area. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information about vaccinations. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Center at Eden Hill Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Center at Eden Hill, 10.43 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Center at Eden Hill, 75.83% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Dover, DE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dover, Delaware has 4 other nursing homes
- Bayhealth Hospital, Kent CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.56 miles away640 S State Street Dover Delaware 19901Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 744-7001
- Bayhealth Medical Center0.51 miles away640 S State Street Dover Delaware 19901Dialysis Stations: 9 (302) 744-7322
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Central Delaware0.6 miles awayBlue Hen Corporate Center 655 South Bay Road, Suite 4m Dover Delaware 19901CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 678-5718
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greentree0.75 miles away97 Commerce Way, Suite 104 Dover Delaware 19904Dialysis Stations: 16 (302) 674-1919
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Delaware, LLC1.04 miles away1198 South Governors Avenue Building B, Suite 201 Dover Delaware 19904Dialysis Stations: 4 (302) 736-1340
- Dover Universal LLC1.24 miles away107 Mont Blanc Blvd., Suite 100 Dover Delaware 19904Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 674-2074
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Delaware, LLC4.4 miles away80 Salt Creek Drive Dover Delaware 19901Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 678-2181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Smyrna10.89 miles awayGateway North Shopping Center 210 Stadium Street, Rt. 13 Smyrna Delaware 19977Dialysis Stations: 16 (302) 659-5220
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Milford17.5 miles away656d North Dupont Highway Milford Delaware 19963CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 424-0552