Located in Dover, Delaware, The Center at Eden Hill is the lone option we were able to find in the city. This facility appears to be one of the higher-graded nursing homes we assessed. A score of this caliber requires very strong marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the nation. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card was its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Center at Eden Hill
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Dover senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our nursing score analyzes the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about The Center at Eden Hill?
This facility has earned near flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. Inspection ratings are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at turned out to be this facility's weakest area. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still gave it an acceptable grade of C for long-term care. In our long-term care score, we focus more on the sheer volume of care provided by a facility, as well as a few quality data points. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We were not able to find this place's vaccination data. Lastly, this place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Center at Eden Hill Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Center at Eden Hill, 13.58 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Center at Eden Hill, 77.07% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Bayhealth Hospital, Kent CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.56 miles away640 S State Street Dover Delaware 19901Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 744-7001
- Bayhealth Medical Center0.51 miles away640 S State Street Dover Delaware 19901Dialysis Stations: 9 (302) 744-7322
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Central Delaware0.6 miles awayBlue Hen Corporate Center 655 South Bay Road, Suite 4m Dover Delaware 19901CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 678-5718
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greentree0.75 miles away97 Commerce Way, Suite 104 Dover Delaware 19904Dialysis Stations: 16 (302) 674-1919
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Delaware, LLC1.04 miles away1198 South Governors Avenue Building B, Suite 201 Dover Delaware 19904Dialysis Stations: 4 (302) 736-1340
- Dover Universal LLC1.24 miles away107 Mont Blanc Blvd., Suite 100 Dover Delaware 19904Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 674-2074
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Delaware, LLC4.4 miles away80 Salt Creek Drive Dover Delaware 19901Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 678-2181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Smyrna10.89 miles awayGateway North Shopping Center 210 Stadium Street, Rt. 13 Smyrna Delaware 19977Dialysis Stations: 16 (302) 659-5220
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Milford17.5 miles away656d North Dupont Highway Milford Delaware 19963CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 424-0552