Cedarview Care Center is a senior living facility located in Lebanon, Ohio, which has 37,504 people. This is a relatively poor facility, with an overall grade of D. Lebanon received a city grade of B-, so there are some other options in the city worth looking at. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Cedarview Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this nursing home favorably overall, we actually gave it an excellent score in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid places that had a long list of severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, this nursing home was awarded a grade of just D in that area. As it turns out, this proved to be one of its better grades. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinated 99.64286 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedarview Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility only earned a D for its short-term care score, which is well below average in this category. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Considering its score in this area, we weren't stunned to learn that this facility is well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the figures we looked at. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Moving on to the last area, this facility really did not perform very well in this area either. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in nursing, this is really as bad as it gets. Nursing scores are mostly based on a facility's nurse staffing. This place provided only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedarview Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedarview Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedarview Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedarview Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedarview Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedarview Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedarview Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing signs of depression. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedarview Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedarview Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedarview Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Cedarview Care Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedarview Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cedarview Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cedarview Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Lebanon, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Lebanon, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 14.37 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.67 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.19 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.17 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Clinton Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.5 miles away610 West Main Street Wilmington Ohio 45177Government - Local(937) 382-6611
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.74 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Davita - Lebanon Dialysis0.94 miles away918 B Columbus Avenue Lebanon Ohio 45036Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 934-0272
- Fmc - Kings Mills6.28 miles away1992 King Avenue Kings Mills Ohio 45034Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 204-5555
- Davita - Butler County Dialysis9.02 miles away3497 South Dixie Hwy Franklin Ohio 45005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 422-1467
- Davita - Dialysis Centers of Warren County9.63 miles away90 Commercial Way Springboro Ohio 45066Dialysis Stations: 10 (937) 704-0589
- Davita - West Chester Dialysis9.87 miles away7760 W. Voice of American Park Drive Suite E West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 755-1510
- Davita - Atrium9.91 miles away4421 Roosevelt Blvd Ste D Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 422-6879
- Davita - Butler County Home Training Dialysis9.91 miles away7335 Yankee Rd. Suite 101a Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 2 (513) 755-2524
- Dci - Westchester10.9 miles away7650 Wellness Way West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 777-0855