Cedarview Care Center is a senior living facility located in Lebanon, Ohio, which has 37,504 people. This is a relatively poor facility, with an overall grade of D. This facility seems to have very little going for it. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cedarview Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lebanon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't grade this nursing home favorably overall, we did give it an excellent grade in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid nursing homes that have too many severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this nursing home was awarded a grade of just D in that area. As it turns out, this proved to be one of its better grades. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedarview Care Center?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. There are a variety of subcategories within this grade. Many of these factors reflect levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final category, this facility really didn't fare very well in this area either. With a bottom of the barrel grade of F in long-term care, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 98.58657 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedarview Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedarview Care Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedarview Care Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedarview Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedarview Care Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedarview Care Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedarview Care Center, 21.39% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedarview Care Center, 88.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedarview Care Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence. Some experts argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedarview Care Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Cedarview Care Center, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedarview Care Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cedarview Care Center, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cedarview Care Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 14.37 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.67 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.19 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.17 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Clinton Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.5 miles away610 West Main Street Wilmington Ohio 45177Government - Local(937) 382-6611
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.74 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Davita - Lebanon Dialysis0.94 miles away918 B Columbus Avenue Lebanon Ohio 45036Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 934-0272
- Fmc - Kings Mills6.28 miles away1992 King Avenue Kings Mills Ohio 45034Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 204-5555
- Davita - Butler County Dialysis9.02 miles away3497 South Dixie Hwy Franklin Ohio 45005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 422-1467
- Davita - Dialysis Centers of Warren County9.63 miles away90 Commercial Way Springboro Ohio 45066Dialysis Stations: 10 (937) 704-0589
- Davita - West Chester Dialysis9.87 miles away7760 W. Voice of American Park Drive Suite E West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 755-1510
- Davita - Atrium9.91 miles away4421 Roosevelt Blvd Ste D Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 422-6879
- Davita - Butler County Home Training Dialysis9.91 miles away7335 Yankee Rd. Suite 101a Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 2 (513) 755-2524
- Dci - Westchester10.9 miles away7650 Wellness Way West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 777-0855