Cedarcrest Care Center is located in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. This nursing home is a relatively poor facility. A score of this caliber indicates we found a few red flags. This was not the worse place we looked at, but we'd still struggle to recommend it. The best thing we can say about this place is that it didn't receive any F's in in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cedarcrest Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Cedarcrest Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Broken Arrow senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although this nursing home's overall score is not a highlight, it received a somewhat respectable grade in the area of inspections. We awarded it a B- for this area, which is a decent score. Our inspection scores are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we gave this facility an B-. The nursing grade includes quite a few datapoints, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provided just 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedarcrest Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest area was its short-term care score, where it was given a grade of B-. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The question is whether this also affected quality of care. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was long-term care. This nursing home received a B- in the area. In our long-term care assessment, we weigh the volume of services provided by a nursing home, along with a handful of qualitative measures. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated 86.87783 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is quite a few points less than what we were hoping for. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedarcrest Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents that sustained falls which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 4.69% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents showing signs of depression. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 92.54% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.25 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 7.46 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.22 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.21 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Davita - Broken Arrow1.09 miles away1710 N 9th St Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 355-0657
- Davita - Berkshire at Home2.09 miles away4800 W San Antonio St Ste 201 Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 11 (918) 249-9716
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis4.49 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Davita - Southcrest4.51 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Fmcna - East Tulsa4.92 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis5.91 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis8.26 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis9.91 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571