Cedarcrest Care Center is located in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. We gave this nursing home a C overall, which isn't a bad score. This is comparable with the city grade in Broken Arrow, which is a B-. You could definitely do worse than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's profile is is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Cedarcrest Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category grade came in the category of health inspections. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also wanted to point out that this nursing home was given positive long-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our higher scores in this area, with a grade of B. This turned out to be the nursing home's second highest score. Facilities that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 96.039604 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the average nursing home. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedarcrest Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area came in the area of short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. In forming these short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The key is determining what bearing this had on the quality of care. The last item we considered in this category is the number of residents that were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Switching gears to the final category, this nursing home really didn't perform very well. With a rock bottom grade of F in nursing, this is this nursing home's weakest area. Nursing grades are mostly tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedarcrest Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients that were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 3.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 92.49% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedarcrest Care Center, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Broken Arrow, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Broken Arrow, Oklahoma has 5 other nursing homes
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.25 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 7.46 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.22 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.21 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Davita - Broken Arrow1.09 miles away1710 N 9th St Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 355-0657
- Davita - Berkshire at Home2.09 miles away4800 W San Antonio St Ste 201 Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 11 (918) 249-9716
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis4.49 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Davita - Southcrest4.51 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Fmcna - East Tulsa4.92 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis5.91 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis8.26 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis9.91 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571