Cedarburg Health Services is an average-sized nursing home located in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. Featuring an overall rating of B, this appears to be a fine nursing home. Based on our analysis, this place looks like a good fit for most people. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card is its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next section
Cedarburg Health Services
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also received an elite nursing rating. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A. When calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the number of hours nurses are seeing residents and the levels of training of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other strengths is its first-rate short-term care score. We gave them one of our more impressive scores in that area, with a grade of A. With our short-term care category, we try to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedarburg Health Services?
This nursing home also received a decent inspection grade. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite minor. This nursing home had 2 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were category G through L deficiencies. This indicates this facility dodged the more serious categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest category is long-term care, which is the final category we analyzed. In this area, we awarded this facility an D. Facilities that do not score well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were disappointed to learn that this facility vaccinated only 89.85507 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedarburg Health Services Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedarburg Health Services, 6.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedarburg Health Services, 3.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients who had falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedarburg Health Services, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which experienced UTI's. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedarburg Health Services, 13.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedarburg Health Services, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedarburg Health Services, 6.26% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedarburg Health Services, 92.96% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedarburg Health Services, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedarburg Health Services, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedarburg Health Services, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cedarburg Health Services, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cedarburg Health Services, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital OzaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away13111 N Port Washington Rd Mequon Wisconsin 53097Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- St Josephs Community Hospital of West BendAcute Care Hospitals 11.76 miles away3200 Pleasant Valley Road West Bend Wisconsin 53095Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 334-5533
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 14.67 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 16.32 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 16.85 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 17.24 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.26 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Aurora Medical Ctr Washington CountyAcute Care Hospitals 19.26 miles away1032 E Sumner St Hartford Wisconsin 53027Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 673-2300
- Davita - Cedarburg0.73 miles awayn54 W 6135 Mill Street Cedarburg Wisconsin 53012Dialysis Stations: 10 (262) 376-8011
- Chicot Dialysis LLC7.06 miles away9127 N 76th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 20 (414) 354-4319
- Total Renal Care Inc8.6 miles awayw175 n11056 Stonewood Dr Germantown Wisconsin 53022Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 251-4047
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Good Hope9.37 miles away7701 W Clinton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 760-3090
- Total Renal Care Inc9.61 miles awayn87 w17301 Main St Menomonee Falls Wisconsin 53051CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 253-9768
- Ara - Milwaukee11.11 miles awayMilwaukee Dialysis Center 4775 N Green Bay Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 265-1700
- Davita - West Appleton11.61 miles away10130 W Appleton Ave, Suite 500 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (414) 393-0600
- Davita - Bay Shore11.66 miles away5650 N Green Bay Ave #150 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (414) 351-1290