Cedarburg Health Services is an average-sized nursing home located in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. Featuring an overall rating of C, this appears to be a middle of the pack facility. Based on our analysis, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its exemplary nursing rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Cedarburg Health Services
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall grade, this facility really excelled in the category of nursing, where it received a grade of A. There are a host of criteria included in this area. Most of these subcategories relate to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to point out that this facility was awarded impressive short-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our more impressive grades in that category, with a B. This turned out to be the facility's second best grade. In forming our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that 4.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedarburg Health Services?
This nursing home also received a decent inspection grade. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility had 2 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means that it avoided the more significant classes of deficiencies. We did not find anything on this place's inspection report to be overly alarming.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D for long-term care. This is the nursing home's weakest category score. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home gave the vaccine to only 84.92063 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedarburg Health Services Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedarburg Health Services, 6.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedarburg Health Services, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who had falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedarburg Health Services, 3.17% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents which had UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedarburg Health Services, 13.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedarburg Health Services, 15.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedarburg Health Services, 6.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedarburg Health Services, 92.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedarburg Health Services, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedarburg Health Services, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedarburg Health Services, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cedarburg Health Services, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cedarburg Health Services, 75.11% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital OzaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away13111 N Port Washington Rd Mequon Wisconsin 53097Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- St Josephs Community Hospital of West BendAcute Care Hospitals 11.76 miles away3200 Pleasant Valley Road West Bend Wisconsin 53095Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 334-5533
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 14.67 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 16.32 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 16.85 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 17.24 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.26 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Aurora Medical Ctr Washington CountyAcute Care Hospitals 19.26 miles away1032 E Sumner St Hartford Wisconsin 53027Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 673-2300
- Davita - Cedarburg0.73 miles awayn54 W 6135 Mill Street Cedarburg Wisconsin 53012Dialysis Stations: 10 (262) 376-8011
- Chicot Dialysis LLC7.06 miles away9127 N 76th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 20 (414) 354-4319
- Total Renal Care Inc8.6 miles awayw175 n11056 Stonewood Dr Germantown Wisconsin 53022Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 251-4047
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Good Hope9.37 miles away7701 W Clinton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 760-3090
- Total Renal Care Inc9.61 miles awayn87 w17301 Main St Menomonee Falls Wisconsin 53051CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 253-9768
- Ara - Milwaukee11.11 miles awayMilwaukee Dialysis Center 4775 N Green Bay Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 265-1700
- Davita - West Appleton11.61 miles away10130 W Appleton Ave, Suite 500 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (414) 393-0600
- Davita - Bay Shore11.66 miles away5650 N Green Bay Ave #150 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (414) 351-1290