Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Methuen, Massachusetts. With an overall score of B+, this looks like a very good nursing home. In our view, this place is a good fit for most people. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile was its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Methuen senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a strong overall grade, this nursing home performed well in short-term care. We awarded it an A for that category. In crafting these short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
This facility also performed at a high level in the area of inspections. It earned a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with a grade of B+. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D for long-term care. This was the facility's weakest category score. However, we would not over-emphasize one weak area. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.069595 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who had a fall resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term patients that experienced a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.48% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 91.39% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical well-being.
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cedar View Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.56 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.43 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.83 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- Anna Jaques HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.03 miles away25 Highland Avenue Newburyport Massachusetts 01950Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 463-1000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.73 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 17.44 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 18.43 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Fresenius Medical Care Merrimack Valley0.78 miles away100 Milk Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 686-9900
- Fresenius Medical Care of Methuen2.22 miles away421 Merrimack Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Dialysis Stations: 21 (978) 975-3117
- Davita North Andover Renal at Home2.49 miles away201 Sutton Street North Andover Massachusetts 01845CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 975-1119
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc4.67 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Versailles Dialysis LLC5.06 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Fresenius Medical Care of Lowell9.2 miles away847 Rogers Street Suite 101 Lowell Massachusetts 01852CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (978) 441-5100
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford12.85 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981
- Davita Nashua Dialysis14.78 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665