Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center is in Lebanon, Illinois. We gave this facility an overall rating of F. This nursing home didn't have much going for it. Surprisingly, we were able to give this nursing home some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
One Perryman Street,
Lebanon IL 62254
83.44% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although this facility's overall grade was terrible, it fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that area, which is one of our better scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this facility only earned a grade of D for its long-term care score, which happens to be one of its higher category grades. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 98.666664 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is better than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, this nursing home's hospitalization rate was not nearly as favorable. Here we found that this nursing home had 2.7 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a concerning rate.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home only received a D for its short-term care grade, which is well below average in this category. In computing our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final item we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. It fared better in this area, with 49.8 percent of its residents returning home.
The next area we analyzed was nursing, which ended up being a low point for this facility. We awarded this nursing home a grade of just D in nursing. Our nursing grade is largely tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is slightly below average. This place also had abysmal scores in some of the quality-based measures to pair with its weak nursing hour totals. We looked at the percent of patients suffering pressure ulcers and we were quite disappointed. This facility was at roughly 150 percent of the national average in this statistic.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 29.52% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Some argue this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 87.71% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.22 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- St Joseph's HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.86 miles away12866 Troxler Avenue Highland Illinois 62249Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 651-2600
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.49 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- St Josephs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.22 miles away9515 Holy Cross Ln Breese Illinois 62230Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 526-4511
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.69 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Fmc - Regency Park4.76 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Total Renal Care, Inc.5.62 miles away1941 Frank Scott Parkway East, Suite B O Fallon Illinois 62269Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 622-0592
- Davita - Shiloh Dialysis6.19 miles away1095 North Green Mount Rd Belleville Illinois 62221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 628-1108
- Davita - Maryville Dialysis11.27 miles away2102 Vadalabene Dr Ste 1 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 288-1196
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis11.27 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521
- Davita - Metro East Dialysis11.74 miles away5105 West Main St. Belleville Illinois 62226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (618) 233-9018
- Fkc - Belleville12.11 miles away6525 W Main Street Belleville Illinois 62223Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-8181
- Davita - Collinsville12.62 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016