Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center is a nursing home located in Lebanon, Illinois. The city has a total of 6,089 people. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some decent scores. Based on all of the relevant data, there are certainly far worse facilities out there. The best part of this facility's report card was is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's overall score was propped up by the fact that it has earned favorable government inspections in recent years. We gave it a strong score in that area, with a grade of B+. This is a much better grade than the nursing home's overall grade. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's short-term care score is one of its higher scores. The nursing home was awarded a grade of B- in this category. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its next best category grade in the category of long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of C in this category, which is a decent score. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 95.77922 percent of its patients, which is more than most nursing homes. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The next area we analyzed was nursing, which ended up being this facility's worst area. We awarded this facility a D in that category. Our nursing grade is largely associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who have had a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 30.45% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cedar Ridge Health Rehab Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.22 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- St Joseph's HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.86 miles away12866 Troxler Avenue Highland Illinois 62249Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 651-2600
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.49 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- St Josephs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.22 miles away9515 Holy Cross Ln Breese Illinois 62230Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 526-4511
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.69 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Fmc - Regency Park4.76 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Total Renal Care, Inc.5.62 miles away1941 Frank Scott Parkway East, Suite B O Fallon Illinois 62269Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 622-0592
- Davita - Shiloh Dialysis6.19 miles away1095 North Green Mount Rd Belleville Illinois 62221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 628-1108
- Davita - Maryville Dialysis11.27 miles away2102 Vadalabene Dr Ste 1 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 288-1196
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis11.27 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521
- Davita - Metro East Dialysis11.74 miles away5105 West Main St. Belleville Illinois 62226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (618) 233-9018
- Fkc - Belleville12.11 miles away6525 W Main Street Belleville Illinois 62223Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-8181
- Davita - Collinsville12.62 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016