Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility in Sunnyvale, California. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this nursing home number 281 in the United States. This puts it in the top two percentile of all facilities. We really couldn't find many negative things to say about this place. Its scores are impeccable. As you can find below, this facility performed just as well in our category ratings. We give this place two thumbs up!
Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
797 E Fremont Avenue,
Sunnyvale CA 94087
66.46% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Sunnyvale, California Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Sunnyvale, California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Sunnyvale, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of short-term care. Our short-term care grades are important for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The next category we looked at was inspections, where this facility also received an A+ grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. In calculating a facility's nursing rating, we weigh the amount of time nurses are with patients and the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this facility also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it an A in this category. This completed truly elite profile. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cedar Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Sunnyvale, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Sunnyvale, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 1.42 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 1.72 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.49 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 9.27 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 10.42 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- Davita Santa Clara Dialysis Center1.64 miles away777 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 243-1130
- Satellite Dialysis Sunnyvale1.66 miles away155 North Wolfe Rd Sunnyvale California 94086CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 617-1887
- San Jose at Home2.91 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center2.96 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103
- Satellite Dialysis Stevens Creek3.01 miles away4360-a Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose California 95129CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (408) 517-5777
- Davita El Camino Dialysis3.25 miles away412 West El Camino Real Mountain View California 94043Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 962-1903
- Wellbound of Mountain View3.97 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 200 Mountain View California 94040Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 417-6460
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View3.97 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420