CathedralCare is in Jacksonville, Florida. The city offers several options. This facility is one of the highest-rated facilities we found. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires excellent marks across the board. As far as we can see, this nursing home would be a wonderful choice for most people. Finally, this proved to be a very consistent facility with consistently strong scores in all of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
333 E Ashley St,
Jacksonville FL 32202
62.58% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled in our long-term care rating. We gave them an A+ in this area. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 94.932434 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This facility has also received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about CathedralCare?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. In determining our nursing grades, we weigh both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning residents more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final category, this facility also received a first-rate short-term care grade, with a grade of A-. This wrapped up a straight A report card. Short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
CathedralCare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In CathedralCare, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In CathedralCare, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which sustained falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In CathedralCare, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In CathedralCare, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In CathedralCare, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In CathedralCare, 2.53% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In CathedralCare, 95.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In CathedralCare, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In CathedralCare, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is important for patients well-being.
In CathedralCare, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In CathedralCare, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In CathedralCare, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In CathedralCare, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.17 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 8.56 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.64 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 13.49 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Dialysis Clinic Inc0.86 miles away757 Union Street W Jacksonville Florida 32202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (904) 354-0409
- Ara - West Jacksonville LLC0.99 miles away425 N Lee Street Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32204Dialysis Stations: 29 (904) 598-2711
- Baptist Medical Center - Pediatric Dialysis1.24 miles away800 Prudential Dr m2west Jacksonville Florida 32207Dialysis Stations: 5 (904) 202-0436
- Dci Jacksonville Mid-Town1.49 miles away655 West 8th Street Jacksonville Florida 32209Dialysis Stations: 40 (904) 244-6690
- Bma - Jacksonville1.56 miles away1944 Atlantic Blvd Jacksonville Florida 32207Dialysis Stations: 18 (904) 396-7203
- Gateway Dialysis Center2.99 miles away5258-10 Norwood Avenue Jacksonville Florida 32208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 764-6381
- Jacksonville Arlington Dialysis3.44 miles away929 University Blvd N Jacksonville Florida 32211Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 743-1689
- Jacksonville Kidney Center3.72 miles away1107 Myra St Ste 101 Jacksonville Florida 32204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (904) 354-3333