Castle Ridge Care Center is in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, a city with a total of 60,797 people. Featuring an overall rating of D, this is a lower end nursing home. Based on our analysis, this place may not be the best fit for most prospective residents. The only positive thing we can say about this place is that it didn't receive any F's in in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Castle Ridge Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
625 Prairie Center Drive,
Eden Prairie MN 55344
97.83% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Castle Ridge Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Eden Prairie, Minnesota Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Eden Prairie, Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this place a bad overall rating, we actually gave it a fairly respectable score in the area of inspections, where it received a B-. This was better than its other category grades. Inspection ratings are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of B-. The nursing rating features a number of factors. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home averages just 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Castle Ridge Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its third best category grade in the category of short-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of B- in this category, which is an acceptable score. Our short-term care grades are thought to be most critical for folks requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The more important thing is determining what bearing this had on quality of care. The last measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was long-term care. This nursing home was given a grade of B- in this category. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 93.59606 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit lower than we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Nevertheless, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Castle Ridge Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. However, this statistic could be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care patients which were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 4.58% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 93.31% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 11 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 12.36 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita1.55 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita5.3 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944
- Edina Dialysis of Davita5.31 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis5.71 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Fms Dialysis - Shakopee6.59 miles away1515 Saint Francis Ave Ste 150 Shakopee Minnesota 55379CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 403-1038
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita6.75 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis6.97 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Bloomington Dialysis of Davita7.14 miles away8591 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 703-5888