Castle Ridge Care Center is in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, a city with a total of 60,797 people. Featuring an overall rating of A, this is clearly a world class nursing home. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. This facility also received consistently good ratings in each of the major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Castle Ridge Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection ratings are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Castle Ridge Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was strong in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A-. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. Our short-term care ratings are likely most critical for residents requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care. This facility was given a favorable nursing score this year, with a grade of B. Although this is not as strong as a few of its other scores, this is still one of the stronger scores for this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 95.87629 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Castle Ridge Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who had a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 4.73% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Many would argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 93.57% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Castle Ridge Care Center, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 11 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 12.36 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita1.55 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita5.3 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944
- Edina Dialysis of Davita5.31 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis5.71 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Fms Dialysis - Shakopee6.59 miles away1515 Saint Francis Ave Ste 150 Shakopee Minnesota 55379CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 403-1038
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita6.75 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis6.97 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Bloomington Dialysis of Davita7.14 miles away8591 Lyndale Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (952) 703-5888