Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center is a large nursing home located in Caseyville, Illinois. This facility was given an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. This facility is about as bad as it gets. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Caseyville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Neither this facility's overall grade nor its category grades gave us anything to write home about. This place's best category is nursing, but even there it received a D. The nursing grade analyzes many components, most of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This place provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest category is short-term care, but it still received a grade of just D in that category. This still happens to be a relatively poor grade. Short-term care grades are typically used to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Considering its abysmal rating in this category, we weren't shocked to learn this place provides significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center?
This nursing home did not receive favorable inspection reports in recent years. In fact, it only received a grade of D for its inspection grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. We recommend you pay close attention to the severity of the deficiencies. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they posed a risk to patient health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is long-term care. This nursing home was given an abysmal grade of F in that category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means the nursing home didn't perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 35.987263 percent of its residents, which is a bit of a concern. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 7.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.23% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 13.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 31.95% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients which are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.35% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many believe this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 64.7% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 23.48% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 24.59% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 24.59% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 17.83% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 53.9% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Davita Edgemont Dialysis2.9 miles away8 Vieux Carre Drive East Saint Louis Illinois 62201Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-3809
- Davita - Collinsville3.83 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016
- Fkc - Belleville5.49 miles away6525 W Main Street Belleville Illinois 62223Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-8181
- Davita - Metro East Dialysis6.12 miles away5105 West Main St. Belleville Illinois 62226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (618) 233-9018
- Davita - Shiloh Dialysis7.3 miles away1095 North Green Mount Rd Belleville Illinois 62221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 628-1108
- Fmc - Regency Park7.32 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Total Renal Care, Inc.7.57 miles away1941 Frank Scott Parkway East, Suite B O Fallon Illinois 62269Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 622-0592
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis7.57 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521