Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center is a large nursing home located in Caseyville, Illinois. This facility was given an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. This facility is about as bad as it gets. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Inspection scores are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's poor long-term care score where it was given a lowly F. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care may not provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes offer. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We found that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 68.862274 percent of its patients, which is slightly concerning. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center?
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. Our nursing score analyzes the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is short-term care, where this facility was given an abysmal grade here as well. It received an F in this category, which is definitely somewhat alarming. In determining these short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to formulate a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. With its grade in this area, we were not surprised to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.1 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients who had UTI's. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 29.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 87.49% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels. Some believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' health.
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Davita Edgemont Dialysis2.9 miles away8 Vieux Carre Drive East Saint Louis Illinois 62201Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-3809
- Davita - Collinsville3.83 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016
- Fkc - Belleville5.49 miles away6525 W Main Street Belleville Illinois 62223Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-8181
- Davita - Metro East Dialysis6.12 miles away5105 West Main St. Belleville Illinois 62226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (618) 233-9018
- Davita - Shiloh Dialysis7.3 miles away1095 North Green Mount Rd Belleville Illinois 62221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 628-1108
- Fmc - Regency Park7.32 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Total Renal Care, Inc.7.57 miles away1941 Frank Scott Parkway East, Suite B O Fallon Illinois 62269Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 622-0592
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis7.57 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521