Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center is a large nursing home located in Caseyville, Illinois. This facility was given an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. This facility is about as bad as it gets. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of C for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Inspection scores are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home ended up receiving a a very poor score in our short-term care area. It received an F in this area. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Based on its score in this category, we were not surprised to discover that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the data we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility received an F for its long-term care score. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 62.727272 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Turning to our final category, this nursing home didn't fare well in this category either. With a poor grade of F in nursing, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. The nursing grade weighs a host of data points. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that experienced a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients which experienced urinary tract infections. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who were administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 87.4% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Caseyville Nursing & Rehab Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Davita Edgemont Dialysis2.9 miles away8 Vieux Carre Drive East Saint Louis Illinois 62201Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-3809
- Davita - Collinsville3.83 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016
- Fkc - Belleville5.49 miles away6525 W Main Street Belleville Illinois 62223Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-8181
- Davita - Metro East Dialysis6.12 miles away5105 West Main St. Belleville Illinois 62226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (618) 233-9018
- Davita - Shiloh Dialysis7.3 miles away1095 North Green Mount Rd Belleville Illinois 62221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 628-1108
- Fmc - Regency Park7.32 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Total Renal Care, Inc.7.57 miles away1941 Frank Scott Parkway East, Suite B O Fallon Illinois 62269Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 622-0592
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis7.57 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521