Cascadia of Nampa is one of six available facilities located in Nampa, Idaho. After receiving an overall rating of A, this nursing home is ranked among the highest-graded facilities we assessed. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the country. As you can see below, this nursing home also performed well in our category ratings. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Cascadia of Nampa
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our nursing rating. Our nursing rating analyzes the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning patients more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was superb in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of A. Very few facilities received a better grade in this area. In our short-term care grade, we attempt to create a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Cascadia of Nampa?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third area, we gave this nursing home a score of A for our long-term care rating. This is a first-rate grade. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In addition, this facility also received top notch government inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better grades in that area, with a grade of B+. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cascadia of Nampa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cascadia of Nampa, 5.83% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cascadia of Nampa, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients that had falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cascadia of Nampa, 2.27% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cascadia of Nampa, 18.17% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cascadia of Nampa, 16.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients which are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cascadia of Nampa, 7.56% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cascadia of Nampa, 89.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cascadia of Nampa, 13.51% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cascadia of Nampa, 19.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Cascadia of Nampa, 0.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cascadia of Nampa, 19.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cascadia of Nampa, 12.05 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cascadia of Nampa, 75.39% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Nampa, ID
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Nampa, Idaho has 5 other nursing homes
- Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - NampaAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away4300 E Flamingo Ave Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 205-0050
- St Luke's Nampa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away9850 W St Lukes Drive Ste 250 Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 505-2000
- West Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away1717 Arlington Street Caldwell Idaho 83605Proprietary(208) 459-4641
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.01 miles away1055 North Curtis Road Boise Idaho 83706Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 367-2121
- St Luke's Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.04 miles away190 East Bannock Street Boise Idaho 83712Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 381-2222
- Valor HealthCritical Access Hospitals 19.97 miles away1202 East Locust Street Emmett Idaho 83617Government - Local(208) 365-3561
- Nampa Dialysis Center3.87 miles away846 Parkcentre Way Nampa Idaho 83651Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 467-5180
- Liberty Dialysis - Nampa3.93 miles away280 West Georgia Avenue Nampa Idaho 83686CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 463-8558
- Treasure Valley Dialysis Center7.81 miles away3045 E St. Lukes Street Ste 105 Meridian Idaho 83642CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (208) 887-2174
- Caldwell Dialysis Center8.04 miles away4716 Beacon Ln Caldwell Idaho 83605Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 454-8260
- Liberty Dialysis - Meridian8.16 miles away3525 E Louise Dr Suite 100 Meridian Idaho 83642Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 846-9815
- Liberty Dialysis - Caldwell8.51 miles away4620 Enterprise Way Ste 101 Caldwell Idaho 83605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (208) 454-1101
- Table Rock Dialysis Center13.12 miles away5610 W Gage St, Suite B Boise Idaho 83706CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (208) 658-8111
- Liberty Dialysis - Boise15.8 miles away1109 W Myrtle St Ste 120 Boise Idaho 83702Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 333-8315