Cascadia of Nampa is one of six available facilities located in Nampa, Idaho. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is ranked among the higher-graded facilities we looked at. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the country. As you will see below, this facility also performed well in our category grades. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Cascadia of Nampa
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Idaho Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Nampa, Idaho Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. The nursing rating weighs quite a few components, however, the primary consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Idaho in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate profile, this facility also received an excellent short-term care score, with a score of A-. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cascadia of Nampa?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also was awarded favorable long-term care grades this year. Indeed, we gave them one of our more favorable grades in that area, with a grade of B+. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In addition, this facility also received top notch government inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better grades in that area, with a grade of B+. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cascadia of Nampa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cascadia of Nampa, 5.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cascadia of Nampa, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients that had falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cascadia of Nampa, 2.48% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cascadia of Nampa, 17.95% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cascadia of Nampa, 16.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients which are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cascadia of Nampa, 7.97% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cascadia of Nampa, 89.29% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cascadia of Nampa, 13.52% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cascadia of Nampa, 18.02% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Cascadia of Nampa, 0.95 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cascadia of Nampa, 18.02 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cascadia of Nampa, 11.12 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cascadia of Nampa, 75.93% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Nampa, ID
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Nampa, Idaho has 5 other nursing homes
- Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - NampaAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away4300 E Flamingo Ave Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 205-0050
- St Luke's Nampa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away9850 W St Lukes Drive Ste 250 Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 505-2000
- West Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away1717 Arlington Street Caldwell Idaho 83605Proprietary(208) 459-4641
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.01 miles away1055 North Curtis Road Boise Idaho 83706Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 367-2121
- St Luke's Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.04 miles away190 East Bannock Street Boise Idaho 83712Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 381-2222
- Valor HealthCritical Access Hospitals 19.97 miles away1202 East Locust Street Emmett Idaho 83617Government - Local(208) 365-3561
- Nampa Dialysis Center3.87 miles away846 Parkcentre Way Nampa Idaho 83651Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 467-5180
- Liberty Dialysis - Nampa3.93 miles away280 West Georgia Avenue Nampa Idaho 83686CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 463-8558
- Treasure Valley Dialysis Center7.81 miles away3045 E St. Lukes Street Ste 105 Meridian Idaho 83642CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (208) 887-2174
- Caldwell Dialysis Center8.04 miles away4716 Beacon Ln Caldwell Idaho 83605Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 454-8260
- Liberty Dialysis - Meridian8.16 miles away3525 E Louise Dr Suite 100 Meridian Idaho 83642Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 846-9815
- Liberty Dialysis - Caldwell8.51 miles away4620 Enterprise Way Ste 101 Caldwell Idaho 83605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (208) 454-1101
- Table Rock Dialysis Center13.12 miles away5610 W Gage St, Suite B Boise Idaho 83706CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (208) 658-8111
- Liberty Dialysis - Boise15.8 miles away1109 W Myrtle St Ste 120 Boise Idaho 83702Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 333-8315