Cascadia of Nampa is one of four available facilities located in Nampa, Idaho. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is ranked among the higher-graded facilities we looked at. We ranked this facility in the top 50 facilities in Idaho. As you can find below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category scores. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cascadia of Nampa
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Nampa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Idaho Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Nampa, Idaho Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall score, this facility also received an excellent short-term care grade, with an A. Our short-term care scores are presumably more critical for those requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its superb profile, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- in that area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.15966 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a life threatening illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cascadia of Nampa?
Adding another impressive category grade, we gave this facility a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In our final area, this facility also was given an impressive nursing score, with a grade of B+. This finished off a very impressive profile. There are quite a few factors included in this grade. Many of the criteria reflect nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cascadia of Nampa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cascadia of Nampa, 6.47% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cascadia of Nampa, 3.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents which have sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cascadia of Nampa, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cascadia of Nampa, 18.94% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cascadia of Nampa, 14.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cascadia of Nampa, 8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cascadia of Nampa, 88.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cascadia of Nampa, 12.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cascadia of Nampa, 14.54% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cascadia of Nampa, 14.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cascadia of Nampa, 13.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cascadia of Nampa, 77.14% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Nampa, ID
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Nampa, Idaho has 3 other nursing homes
- Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - NampaAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away4300 E Flamingo Ave Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 205-0050
- St Luke's Nampa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away9850 W St Lukes Drive Ste 250 Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 505-2000
- West Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away1717 Arlington Street Caldwell Idaho 83605Proprietary(208) 459-4641
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.01 miles away1055 North Curtis Road Boise Idaho 83706Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 367-2121
- St Luke's Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.04 miles away190 East Bannock Street Boise Idaho 83712Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 381-2222
- Valor HealthCritical Access Hospitals 19.97 miles away1202 East Locust Street Emmett Idaho 83617Government - Local(208) 365-3561
- Nampa Dialysis Center3.87 miles away846 Parkcentre Way Nampa Idaho 83651Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 467-5180
- Liberty Dialysis - Nampa3.93 miles away280 West Georgia Avenue Nampa Idaho 83686CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 463-8558
- Treasure Valley Dialysis Center7.81 miles away3045 E St. Lukes Street Ste 105 Meridian Idaho 83642CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (208) 887-2174
- Caldwell Dialysis Center8.04 miles away4716 Beacon Ln Caldwell Idaho 83605Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 454-8260
- Liberty Dialysis - Meridian8.16 miles away3525 E Louise Dr Suite 100 Meridian Idaho 83642Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 846-9815
- Liberty Dialysis - Caldwell8.51 miles away4620 Enterprise Way Ste 101 Caldwell Idaho 83605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (208) 454-1101
- Table Rock Dialysis Center13.12 miles away5610 W Gage St, Suite B Boise Idaho 83706CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (208) 658-8111
- Liberty Dialysis - Boise15.8 miles away1109 W Myrtle St Ste 120 Boise Idaho 83702Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 333-8315