Cascadia of Boise is an average-sized nursing home located in Boise, Idaho. This is a lower end facility, with an overall grade of D. At the end of the day, we would struggle to recommend this place. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Cascadia of Boise
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though we were not complementary of this facility's overall score, it received an impressive short-term care rating this year. We gave it a B+ in this area, which proved to be a rare glimmer of hope in its profile. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home an B+. The nursing rating weighs several subcategories. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Cascadia of Boise?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of long-term care, this facility was given a grade of just D in that category. For residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 96 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility also keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
The last category we assessed is inspections. Unfortunately, this facility didn't receive favorable inspections in recent years. Consequently, we had to give it an F. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection score. We would pay close attention to the severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility had 3 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 37 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cascadia of Boise Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cascadia of Boise, 5.83% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cascadia of Boise, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that experienced falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cascadia of Boise, 2.27% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. Closer supervision minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cascadia of Boise, 18.17% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cascadia of Boise, 16.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cascadia of Boise, 7.56% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cascadia of Boise, 89.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cascadia of Boise, 13.51% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cascadia of Boise, 19.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Cascadia of Boise, 0.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cascadia of Boise, 19.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cascadia of Boise, 12.05 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cascadia of Boise, 75.39% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Boise, ID
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Boise, Idaho has 9 other nursing homes
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away1055 North Curtis Road Boise Idaho 83706Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 367-2121
- St Luke's Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away190 East Bannock Street Boise Idaho 83712Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 381-2222
- Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - NampaAcute Care Hospitals 13.12 miles away4300 E Flamingo Ave Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 205-0050
- St Luke's Nampa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.67 miles away9850 W St Lukes Drive Ste 250 Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 505-2000
- Table Rock Dialysis Center0.45 miles away5610 W Gage St, Suite B Boise Idaho 83706CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (208) 658-8111
- Liberty Dialysis - Boise2.96 miles away1109 W Myrtle St Ste 120 Boise Idaho 83702Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 333-8315
- Liberty Dialysis - Meridian4.69 miles away3525 E Louise Dr Suite 100 Meridian Idaho 83642Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 846-9815
- Treasure Valley Dialysis Center5.04 miles away3045 E St. Lukes Street Ste 105 Meridian Idaho 83642CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (208) 887-2174
- Liberty Dialysis - Nampa16.27 miles away280 West Georgia Avenue Nampa Idaho 83686CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 463-8558
- Nampa Dialysis Center16.63 miles away846 Parkcentre Way Nampa Idaho 83651Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 467-5180
- Caldwell Dialysis Center19.49 miles away4716 Beacon Ln Caldwell Idaho 83605Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 454-8260
- Liberty Dialysis - Caldwell19.88 miles away4620 Enterprise Way Ste 101 Caldwell Idaho 83605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (208) 454-1101