Cascade Terrace is an average-sized facility in Portland, Oregon. Featuring an overall rating of A, this nursing home is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we found. In fact, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 10 best facilities in Oregon. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its nursing rating. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Portland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. When determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we assess the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients as well as the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Oregon in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a resident more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its top-shelf resume, this nursing home also was awarded a superb short-term care score, with a grade of A. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Cascade Terrace?
Another quality feature of this nursing home is its inspection score. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is long-term care, where this facility was awarded a B+. This rounded out a very strong report card. Very few facilities received a B+ or better in every single category. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.4382 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a dangerous ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not take any chances. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cascade Terrace Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cascade Terrace, 9.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cascade Terrace, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cascade Terrace, 2.67% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cascade Terrace, 15.04% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cascade Terrace, 12.62% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cascade Terrace, 6.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cascade Terrace, 92.26% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cascade Terrace, 12.97% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cascade Terrace, 18.46% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cascade Terrace, 18.46 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cascade Terrace, 14.28 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cascade Terrace, 77% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 13 other nursing homes
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 7.31 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.36 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.04 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Foster Powell Dialysis2.68 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Portland Dialysis Center2.74 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic3.58 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Gateway Dialysis3.62 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Fmc Clackamas Kidney Center4.28 miles away13560 Se 97th Ave Clackamas Oregon 97015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (503) 659-8200
- Lake Road Dialysis4.85 miles away6902 Se Lake Rd, Suite 100 Portland Oregon 97267CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 794-1288
- Davita Gresham Station Dialysis5.08 miles away878 Nw Burnside Rd Gresham Oregon 97030Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 465-1068
- Oregon Kidney Center5.6 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097