Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Tucson, Arizona which has a population of 880,383 people. We gave this facility a B- overall, which is a decent grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Tucson, which is a B. Even in a city of 16 nursing homes, this facility looks like a fine choice. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Tucson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area turned out to be its short-term care grade, where it received a B-. With our short-term care category, we try to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we graded was long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a solid grade of B-. For patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated just 84.14634 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Our next category is nursing, where we awarded this facility a grade of C in that area. Our nursing category assesses many data points, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center, 10.25% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center, 5.18% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center, 17.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center, 21.14% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center, 1.36% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center, 89.06% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center, 15.02% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center, 17.55% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center, 17.55% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center, 13.15% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Casas Adobes Post Acute Rehab Center, 85.15% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tucson, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tucson, Arizona has 15 other nursing homes
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.33 miles away6200 North La Cholla Boulevard Tucson Arizona 85741Proprietary(520) 469-8100
- Sonora Behavioral Health HospitalPsychiatric 0.38 miles away6050 North Corona Road Tucson Arizona 85704Proprietary(520) 469-8700
- St. Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away1601 West St Mary's Road Tucson Arizona 85745Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 872-3000
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away1625 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-4189
- Oro Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away1551 East Tangerine Road Tucson Arizona 85755Proprietary(520) 901-3549
- Tucson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away5301 East Grant Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 327-5461
- Palo Verde Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 9.04 miles away2695 North Craycroft Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 322-2888
- Banner-University Medical Center South CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.94 miles away2800 East Ajo Way Tucson Arizona 85713Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-2000
- Northwest Tucson Dialysis (Fmc)0.24 miles away6261 N La Cholla Blvd Ste 181 Tucson Arizona 85741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (520) 297-1490
- Northwest Tucson Dialysis (Dva)4.42 miles away2945 W Ina Rd Ste 105 Tucson Arizona 85741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (520) 797-0049
- Desert Dialysis Center (Dci)5.24 miles away2022 E Prince Rd Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 19 (520) 327-0007
- Tucson West Dialysis Center (Fmc)5.3 miles away100 W Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85705CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (520) 624-0266
- Tucson West Dialysis (Dva)6.59 miles away1780 W Anklam Rd Tucson Arizona 85745CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (520) 624-2220
- Banner University Medical Center Pediatric Outpatient Dialysis Unit6.74 miles awayPO Box 245148 Tucson Arizona 85724Dialysis Stations: 4 (520) 694-7176
- Tucson Central Dialysis (Dva)6.77 miles away2901 E Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85716CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 325-3408
- Tangerine Crossing7.37 miles away3600 W Tangerine Rd Suite 120 Marana Arizona 85658Dialysis Stations: 20 (520) 477-0341