Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care is a very-large non-profit nursing home located in Bradenton, Florida. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a middle of the pack facility. Based on our analysis, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its stellar inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility really outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in this area with an A. Inspection ratings are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this nursing home a B+ in our long-term care category. This is one of our better scores. Facilities that excel in this category tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 99.839485 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly can be a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. Our nursing score weighs numerous subcategories. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This facility averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day, which is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest area was short-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. In this area, we gave this facility a grade of D. Short-term care scores are important for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. It looks like this place was subpar in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the data we looked at. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 94.61% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Bradenton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bradenton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.07 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 15.98 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 19.22 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 19.29 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.69 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Bradenton Dialysis Center LLC0.2 miles away5837 West 21st Avenue Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 792-7800
- Bradenton Artificial Kidney Center0.23 miles away5902 Pointe West Blvd Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 21 (941) 792-3290
- Bradenton Dialysis2.02 miles away3501 Cortez Rd W Bradenton Florida 34210Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 727-4209
- Southwest Florida Dialysis Center3.95 miles away520 Manatee Ave East Bradenton Florida 34208Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 747-5500
- Plantation Dialysis - Ellenton6.37 miles away3820 Us Highway 301 N Ellenton Florida 34222Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 722-3733
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis11.33 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center11.78 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Us Renal Care Sarasota12.31 miles away1921 Waldemere St Ste 107 Sarasota Florida 34239CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (941) 917-6444