Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care is a very-large non-profit nursing home located in Bradenton, Florida. Featuring an overall score of C, this is likely a middle of the pack facility. Based on our analysis, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its stellar inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility really outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in this area with an A. Inspection ratings are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's long-term care rating turns out to be one of its more favorable scores. The nursing home received a B- in this category. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we analyze the personal care received by a facility's patients. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 99.69136 percent of its patients against pneumonia. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. The nursing score assesses many factors, however, the main one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Finally, nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F in this area, which is an abysmal score. This is obviously a significant disappointment. In computing these short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 3.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who experienced falls leading to major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 2.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 94.94% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Casa Mora Rehabilitation and Extended Care, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Bradenton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bradenton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.07 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 15.98 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 19.22 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 19.29 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.69 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Bradenton Dialysis Center LLC0.2 miles away5837 West 21st Avenue Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 792-7800
- Bradenton Artificial Kidney Center0.23 miles away5902 Pointe West Blvd Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 21 (941) 792-3290
- Bradenton Dialysis2.02 miles away3501 Cortez Rd W Bradenton Florida 34210Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 727-4209
- Southwest Florida Dialysis Center3.95 miles away520 Manatee Ave East Bradenton Florida 34208Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 747-5500
- Plantation Dialysis - Ellenton6.37 miles away3820 Us Highway 301 N Ellenton Florida 34222Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 722-3733
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis11.33 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center11.78 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Us Renal Care Sarasota12.31 miles away1921 Waldemere St Ste 107 Sarasota Florida 34239CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (941) 917-6444